Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

alex .

Jan 16, 2006, 6:17 AM

Post #1 of 12 (5204 views)

Shortcut

where am I ? (part 1)

Can't Post | Private Reply

A little quiz for you all: where is this picture taken? The prize? I will sponsor your next Mexconnect subscription renewal for a total value of 30 USD. The first person who posts the correct answer wins.

Alex

(This post was edited by alex . on Jan 16, 2006, 7:37 AM)

alex .

Jan 16, 2006, 7:39 AM

Post #2 of 12 (5174 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] I increased the resoulution

as it was too difficult in a small size.
Alex

(This post was edited by alex . on Jan 16, 2006, 7:39 AM)

wendy devlin

Jan 16, 2006, 7:59 AM

Post #3 of 12 (5166 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] where am I ? (part 1)

(This post was edited by wendy devlin on Jan 16, 2006, 8:10 AM)

Anonimo

Jan 16, 2006, 8:23 AM

Post #4 of 12 (5144 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] where am I ? (part 1)

Tepic, Nayarit.

Saludos,
Anonimo

sfmacaws

Jan 16, 2006, 8:34 AM

Post #5 of 12 (5138 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] where am I ? (part 1)

Yup, Tepic. Good guess Anonimo, but it's also written on one of the cabs. Still, I didn't see that until I'd deduced the same as you - got to be between Vallarta, Maz and GDL with main roads to all 3 and that means Tepic.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

alex .

Jan 16, 2006, 8:59 AM

Post #6 of 12 (5125 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Ganador !

Senor Anonimo, Thats it ! I'll coordinate with Jefe to award the prize.
Alex

Anonimo

Jan 16, 2006, 12:21 PM

Post #7 of 12 (5081 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] Ganador !

Alex. It was the street signs, but especially, the conical hill in the distance. I tend to remember landmarks, even though I've only spent one night and a morning in Tepic, en route to San Blas. (I was sick with the Revancha, so that pins it in my memory.)

Saludos,
Anonimo

alex .

Jan 16, 2006, 2:35 PM

Post #8 of 12 (5051 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Ganador !

Yea, in the first posting the resolution was 240 x 320 or something like that so the signs were unreadable, even if you pasted the image to another program and blew it up. The taxi sign in the lower right corner was certainly unreadable with the small pic. Thanks for playing, the next one will be tougher,
Alex

CCarol

Jan 16, 2006, 3:22 PM

Post #9 of 12 (5036 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] Ganador !

Alex,
What a fun idea! And with great benefit for the winner too. From my corner of North Idaho I couldn't even take a wild guess. But I must say I really enjoyed seeing the picture. I wish I could see a picture of main streets and other main sections of the towns mentioned on this forum. That would be a blast and would give a great idea what certain places look like.
This post was great!
Carol

"Be kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle." (Philo of Alexandria)

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jan 16, 2006, 11:26 PM

Post #10 of 12 (4967 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CCarol] Ganador !

Carol:
As a newlywed Gringo to a lovely Xalapeña, we lived in Creston, British Columbia, Canada from 1974-1976 farming alfalfa in the valley during the summer and spending winters doing photography in Xalapa until the oil crisis came along and I could make a lot more money taking pictures of little kids here in Xalapa than making bales of hay in Canada!
Where do you live in Idaho? I was just up there this last September on our way to visit Creston after many years.
¡Ven a visitarnos en Xalapa pronto, amigita mia!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

CCarol

Jan 17, 2006, 9:02 AM

Post #11 of 12 (4923 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Ganador !

Hello El Gringo,
I live in Post Falls Idaho right next to Coeur d' Alene. It is such a beautiful area that many people flock here to retire. And they used to come because of the inexpensive housing, but not so anymore. Well, it is still a whole lot cheaper than California so we still get a great influx. We had one of the fastest growing cities in the nation last year! Everyone is waiting for the hammer to fall but it probably won't any time soon.
I'm getting off subject, but thanks for the post...Canada is an awesome place too. But when one gets "bit" by the Mexcio bug, I'm afraid we're hopelessly centered in on the Mexico dream and nothing else will fill the bill.
Carol

"Be kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle." (Philo of Alexandria)

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jan 17, 2006, 4:13 PM

Post #12 of 12 (4877 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CCarol] Ganador !

Carol:
I remember with a smile on my face the bumper stickers that I saw in Northern Idaho in the 1980's saying..."Have a nice trip BACK to California". It sounds like the same thing is still happening.
Xalapa has grown from a city of 80K when I got here in 1972 and now is bursting at 800K with no slowing down in sight. Just like where you are at, a desireable place to live attracts people. After a week of incredible warm, spring-like weather, we are now getting the cold, "chipi-chipi" customary of winter. But I like this weather, since the water keeps everything a lush green and the cold makes my left leg feel much better.
¡Hasta pronto, amigos costeños!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4