Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

zoeq1000

Jan 8, 2006, 4:46 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2733 views)

Shortcut

The Bistro in Queretaro

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am delighted to tell you that there is a French restaurant in Queretaro. This restaurant has changed owners and now a French man has it. Our experience was delightful from beginning to end. The restaurant is in a courtyard with central fountain. And to keep us warm, the waiters lit small chimineas. We started with a deep-fried brie with raspberry sauce. Then had tournedos of beef garnished with grilled shrimp. Both were excellent. If you go there, don't miss the flambeed coffees. If you've never tried them, they are delicious and a lot of fun flamed right at the table. On Saturday night beginning at 9:00, there is a violinist accompanied by an accordian player. They were excellent and played both French and old European tunes though there was music from Fiddler on the Roof as well. I'm told the violinist is 2nd chair in the state philharmonic. Though this was a bit pricy with the tournedos being about 150 pesos, it was well worth the cost for an evening of pleasure and good food. I highly recommend The Bistro.

Tequisbob

Jan 10, 2006, 5:19 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2675 views)

Shortcut

Re: [zoeq1000] The Bistro in Queretaro

I am leaving for my house in Tequis manana and would like to know where the Bistro is.....it sounds wonderful !!!!! I will try it next week.
Thanks in advance.

zoeq1000

Jan 10, 2006, 11:02 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2655 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bobr76453] The Bistro in Queretaro

Hi Bob, The Bistro is on 5 de Mayo in the second block east of Plaza de Armas. Be sure to go on a Saturday night when they have the live music. It is a real experience.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4