Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

alex .

Jan 10, 2006, 7:15 AM

Post #26 of 33 (2565 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Hotels, Motel's acomodation when traveling with small pets

Can't Post | Private Reply
We use them quite often for the convienence, the low price is a bonus. When one has the car packed for 20 days or so on the road its a real drag to park in some lot or underground garage, empty the car, shlep (I got that word from JR) your stuff to the room and pack the car again in the morning. At these no-tell motels you pull into a garage,pay the attendant, close the door behind you, go up the stairs to the room , turn on the cable, you're good. If you happen to have a cat with you, (or other Doberman breakfast snack) who's to know? Sure, people have "relations" in those rooms, and of course, they never do at the Hilton ;<). Just recently we arrived at Morelia in high season with no resrvations and got a room, nicer than the Holiday Express, for 300 pesos. We usually have blankets and pillows in the car anyway, so we pile those onto the existing bedclothes. Gotta love those big showers with plenty of hot water and mirrors.
Alex

dolores57

Jan 10, 2006, 8:38 AM

Post #27 of 33 (2550 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] Hotels, Motel's acomodation when traveling with small pets

So Alex how do we spot these Notels....any tips for us folks that are traveling with pets? Someone said they are hard to find and they dont have websites and they wont be listed with AAA. Is there some secret insider way of knowing one when you see it? From your experiences and a few others they sound like they are the answer to this major problem. d

esperanza

Jan 10, 2006, 8:50 AM

Post #28 of 33 (2547 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dolores57] Hotels, Motel's acomodation when traveling with small pets

They're not at all hard to find: they're motels alongside the roadways, usually on the outskirts of cities and towns. They have signs (and often big signs), just like any motel. One frequent giveaway is that they say "MOTEL Such-and-Such" rather than "HOTEL Such-and Such". Another giveaway is that they normally have a garage (with a pull-down door, or at least a canvas curtain to hide a car) for each room.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

alex .

Jan 10, 2006, 9:22 AM

Post #29 of 33 (2540 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Hotels, Motel's acomodation when traveling with small pets

They are also recognised by the perimeter wall, and all you can see from the road is the office. As you enter, past the office there will be a loop around to either the right or left: from the road no one knows whose there. The payment is made in cash, no ID is necessary, no credit card, no questions. They may record the license number of the vehicle for their accounting purposes, but thats it. They also have room service, its provided via one of those rotating gizmos in the wall so you do not have to open the door. Do check the room to see if its to your liking first, I know that bright yellow place between Guad and Chapala is pretty nasty, others are quite comfortable. I've stayed at one in Texcoco that had a jucuzzi in the room, way cool. If you have kids with you, check whats on the cable TV BEFORE they can see it. There is usually a spicy channel or two in the mix.
Alex

Kip

Jan 10, 2006, 10:43 AM

Post #30 of 33 (2533 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alex .] Hotels, Motel's acomodation when traveling with small pets

When we stopped in Zacatecas we didn't even know that it was a no-tell motel. (never heard of them!) We thought it was odd that they wouldn't talk to us at the office and a light was flashing "18" They kept waving us on, so we drove further in and a lady pointed us toward the room "18", we parked the car and gave her the 200 pesos. Nice room. The "light bulb" finally went on when we turned on the tv! Whoo ha!

Next time we'll eat before we get there or bring food with us, the "room service" was just snacks. Not bad but not exactly gourmet. Of course most of their patrons don't come there for the food! I would definitely stay there again. Not worrying about the car was a major plus factor..and when we bring our "little kids' with us we won't have to worry about sneaking them in somewhere.
kip

dolores57

Jan 10, 2006, 10:59 AM

Post #31 of 33 (2531 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kip] Hotels, Motel's acomodation when traveling with small pets

Thanks guys for this information. It will be very helpful for those of us traveling with animals....has a little naughty quality I like also. Now I think we can put this subject to bed(pun intended) d.

Poncho32

Jan 10, 2006, 12:02 PM

Post #32 of 33 (2524 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dolores57] Hotels, Motel's acomodation when traveling with small pets

Good afternoon I think I'll pass on the hot sheets motel . Sounds like a place that you may be able to spend the night . What I am still looking for is a place that I can stay and we can leave for a couple of hours and trust that our pets will be safe. I did though enjoy the comments, Bud.

Jean

Jan 15, 2006, 4:15 PM

Post #33 of 33 (2482 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bud Crest] Hotels, Motel's acomodation when traveling with small pets

Thanks to Chris over at New Beginnings she has a great list of pet friendly motels all over Mexico.

http://gringodog.home.comcast.net/pet-friendly.htm

Jean
Retirement Communities
http://www.retirecommunities.com
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4