Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

bbc

Dec 23, 2005, 7:08 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2691 views)

Shortcut

Puerto Vallarta B&Bs?

Can't Post | Private Reply
This will be my first trip to PV, and I'm investigating accommodations. Are there any (reasonable) B&B's? What about the area of Yelapa? Does one need to rent a car to get there?

Bubba

Dec 23, 2005, 12:30 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2674 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bbc] Puerto Vallarta B&Bs?

We like Hotel Lagunita in Yelapa. The only practical way to go to Yelapa is via water taxi from Vallarta or from Boca de Tomatlan. The hotel can tell you how to get there and the schedule of the water taxi. If you go to Yelapa pack very light and have your luggage in plastic bags. Last time we went there the sea was really rough and it was not easy to get out of the boat without getting. The fare from Boca is around 100 pesos per person. Do not leave from Mismaloya as it 10 times more expensive.

Bubba

Dec 23, 2005, 5:40 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2660 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] Puerto Vallarta B&Bs?

I meant to say without getting wet. I fell in with my backpack. I was lucky I had put it in a pastic bag or my camera would have been ruined.

annwest

Dec 27, 2005, 8:34 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2616 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bbc] Puerto Vallarta B&Bs?

Hello - we just got back from Puerto Vallarta and stayed in the Hotel Torre do Oro. I liked the view from our 5th floor room which was very clean and about $49/night. It is in the "Zona Romantica" which we really enjoyed - within a block of the beach and easy walking distance to many restaurants. We walked from there to downtown and all the statues and to the flea market. Nothing bad to say about the Hotel Torre de Oro - there is a restaurant there also. No TV or fridge, of course. Enjoy your trip!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4