Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Dec 17, 2005, 8:28 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2020 views)

Shortcut

Posadas, pastorelas y la rama

Can't Post | Private Reply
¡Hola, amigos costeños!
La Navidad y el Año Nuevo are with us once again, and what a wonderful time it is here in Xalapa with so much going on. Last night I took my three and a half year old granddaughter to see the Pastorela at the Patio Muñoz just down the street; she was awe struck and open mouthed, asking questions about everything that was happening. After we left her with my daughter, Pepe, my "consuegro"(my daughter's father-in-law) went with me to the Christmas concert with the Orquesta Sínfonica de Xalapa, which as always was fantastic and the hall was filled to the brim(since we got there late, the state governor, Fidel Herrera, invited us to sit with him in the "palco de honor"...the seats were very comfortable!). After Pepe decided to get some sleep, I went back to the Patio Muñoz for about an hour to participate in the Fandango, with Ramon Gutierrez of "Son de Madera" playing his incredible "jarana".
Today was filled with activites for me, with a portrait of a Quinceñera at noon, and a wedding couple at 4 PM, then I went to the Centro Recreativo for the exhibit of piñatas made by the Maestro Juvenal's workshop, as well as the Italy-Mexico festivities which had been going on all week.
Tonight the ramas" start(http://www.mexconnected.com/...ey/rdxalapaxmas.html), so I will change a $100 Pesos into coins to give to the children.
Tomorrow is the inauguration of the new "puente"(overpass) for the Avenida Presidentes, so I will be going at 10AM with my mountain bike and trailor to participate in the parade and festivities as the mayor and governor cut the ribbon(just hope it doesn't fall down like others in the past!). I belong to a group called "Cafecletos" which is promoting the use of bicycles in Xalapa and the region.
¡Feliz Navidad y Año Nuevo, queridos amigos!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4