Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

dolores57

Dec 15, 2005, 11:05 AM

Post #1 of 6 (10539 views)

Shortcut

follow this thread?

Can't Post | Private Reply
When I click on follow this thread I am under the impression I am suppossed to get an email when some one new posts..........does not happen. Am I doing something wrong? Advise please. d

jennifer rose

Dec 15, 2005, 11:16 AM

Post #2 of 6 (10540 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dolores57] follow this thread?

Can't Post |
See http://mexconnected.com/perl/foros/gforum.cgi?do=user_profile

The e-mail notification will only issue when someone has responded to your post; it will not issue if the response was made to another's post.

dolores57

Dec 15, 2005, 11:58 AM

Post #3 of 6 (10533 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] follow this thread?

Ok Now I understand....thankyou. One more thing. How do I tell if there is something new on a forum. The yellow sq does not always seem reliable. How do I tell the new post when I go on the forum? Also when someone posts to a thread that is old does it pop up to the top of the forum d

Papirex

Dec 15, 2005, 12:16 PM

Post #4 of 6 (10530 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dolores57] follow this thread?

I have noticed that the little yellow square is not too reliable too. The color seems to bleed down to the next one or two posts. This happens with all three of our computers, so I think it is not related to any particular computer. I always look at the date on the right, if the date is older than todaysí date, there is no new posting on that thread. Thatís not 100% reliable, if a post was made today, and you have already read it, the date will give you no indication if there has been a later post made.

Yes, when someone makes a new post to an old thread, it does pop to the top of the list with the little yellow square showing.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

jennifer rose

Dec 15, 2005, 12:26 PM

Post #5 of 6 (10529 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RexC] follow this thread?

Can't Post |
Sometimes it IS hard, particularly if a thread's become a "hot" one. Try collapsing the thread, and see if that makes a difference.

Yes, the most recent new post causes a thread to jump to the top.

dolores57

Dec 15, 2005, 12:40 PM

Post #6 of 6 (10527 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] follow this thread?

Thanks you guys. I am on track with what you said. I thought maybe there was some magic trick I did not know about that would make finding new messages a tad easier......thats ok I dont mind workin for the great quanity and quality of information I get here. d

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4