Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

EDW

Oct 21, 2002, 12:35 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1611 views)

Shortcut

Batteries in airport luggage?

Can't Post |
Any updates or recent experiences with batteries being not allowed in your carry-on luggage? Past posting noted that some Mexico airports were restricting batteries to check-through baggage? I am heading to GDL, DF, and OAX next week, and usually do not check through anything, but will do so if it means I must to get my digi-camera battery, flash AA's, recharge spares and charger through the safety checks.

Don

Oct 21, 2002, 7:17 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1579 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Several months ago I had to put my batteries in my check in luggage. There seems to be no consistant ruling on this. Every airline, even in the U.S., seems to have small different rules. Why take a chance?

Estanislao

Oct 21, 2002, 7:27 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1584 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Your post - and others before - prompted me to call Mexicana re: my flight to Morelia this week. The C/S representative said he did not forsee a problem with batteries in either checked or carry-on, but that it would really be up to the gate attendant checking me in. He suggested that I tell them of the batteries and ask them where they would rather I carry them. Just be prepared to switch, I guess. Good luck (to us both).<p>: Any updates or recent experiences with batteries being not allowed in your carry-on luggage? Past posting noted that some Mexico airports were restricting batteries to check-through baggage? I am heading to GDL, DF, and OAX next week, and usually do not check through anything, but will do so if it means I must to get my digi-camera battery, flash AA's, recharge spares and charger through the safety checks.<p>

Gone away

Oct 23, 2002, 8:14 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1571 views)

Shortcut

Re:Batteries in luggage?

Can't Post |
I flew to Mexico in March 2002 and returned to Canada in April 2002. Had my laptop including the battery in my carry on and spare batteries in my checked luggage. Never had any problems in Toronto, Atlanta and Guadalajara going in or out of Mexico and the US.

Hope that this answers your question

RM

Don

Oct 23, 2002, 9:53 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1555 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RM] Re:Batteries in luggage?

Can't Post | Private Reply
When I flew to the U.S. they didn't question about the battery for my carry on laptop. They made me put the batteries for my camera in my check in luggage.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4