Has anyone visited Cuautla?

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/...05/12/12/story1.html

Don

Dec 12, 2005, 6:14 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3690 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Cuautla, Jalisco

Can't Post | Private Reply
Have never been to Cuautla, but most of the Seattle Mexican Restaurant owners have homes there. Last year while visiting Seattle, we attended a party thrown by the Matzatlan Restaurant owner at his ranch. They even had some politicians from Guadalajara attending the party. One man attending even gave me his business card. I won't give his name, but it says he is Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Washington State Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Don't know if there is such an organization, but I wouldn't doubt it.
My son-in- law and my son both own Mexican Restaurants in Seattle. My son is not from Jalisco, but there are many from Jalisco. San Francisco Bay Area also has some restaurant owners from Jalisco, some of them from Cuautla.

(This post was edited by Don on Dec 12, 2005, 6:39 PM)

tonyburton

Dec 15, 2005, 4:13 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3625 views)

Shortcut

Yes! Cuautla is the site of Mexico's reputed equivalent to Stonehenge (UK) - see page 75 of my Western Mexico - A Traveller's Treasury...

nlnic

Dec 18, 2005, 5:43 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3568 views)

Shortcut

Interesting article, Marlene. A similar one was in the Denver Post a year or so ago, about another gentleman from Cuautla who has started a very successful string of restaurants in Denver, Tres Margaritas. He actually was (and may still be) president (mayor) of Cuautla, but maintains a huge home outside of Denver. Another town close to there, Juchitlan is home to the founder of Fiesta Mexicana restaurants, here in Colorado (but not Denver) and New Mexico & Arizona, 11 or 12 at last count, I think. Interestingly enough, he also was recently elected as mayor of Juchitlan. Very enterprising people. I love the story.
Nancy
Con mi corazon en Mexico!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4