Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

1ajijic

Nov 30, 2005, 6:09 PM

Post #1 of 9 (3422 views)

Shortcut

Walls???

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have to agree with Bubba that the people running our country are definately candidates for Special Ed. Hadrians Wall didn't work in Britain, the GREAT WALL didn't work in China, Berlin's linear edifice finally came down.... hell we couldn't even put one up here to hide the dump!! <G>
So why should a Mexico /U.S. wall work on the border, duh!! In the mean time lettuce and produce are rotting in the fields in the U.S. because there are no workers to pick them. Double duh!! Instead of a wall come up with a workable plan for willing workers to legally cross the border from Mexico to the U.S. Or ...pay lots more lettuce for lettuce!!
http://www.newbeginningsmexico.com

johanson

Nov 30, 2005, 7:56 PM

Post #2 of 9 (3390 views)

Shortcut

Re: [1ajijic] Walls???

What would be wrong with first creating a better plan to allow the workers to cross the border legally and then if necessary create some type of more secure border?

Uncle Jack

Dec 1, 2005, 5:02 AM

Post #3 of 9 (3353 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Walls???

How about a compromise? Let the US fund the project and hire only Mexicans to build it from the Mexican side.

The politicians get their wall and the Mexicans get jobs for the next ten years.

uj

1ajijic

Dec 1, 2005, 7:57 AM

Post #4 of 9 (3317 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] Walls???

Great idea, Jack. You should run for Congress.
http://www.newbeginningsmexico.com

dtracy8671

Dec 1, 2005, 9:58 AM

Post #5 of 9 (3287 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Walls???

My take? I don't believe the wall is to keep the Mexicans out of the U.S., but to keep the Americans in - down the road of course - first you need the wall, the rest will follow.

Bubba

Dec 1, 2005, 9:58 AM

Post #6 of 9 (3286 views)

Shortcut

I also second that, UJ.

Then, once the wall is built and demonstrably not working we can have the Mexicans who built it tear it down over the ten years after that. Sort of like Jack Webb's burial hole for the sand flea at Parris Island from the movie The DI. But, who the hell is going to pick our lettuce?

Off with their heads cried the queen!

Gringal

Dec 1, 2005, 10:03 AM

Post #7 of 9 (3280 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dtracy8671] Walls???

Does anyone know how many U.S. citizens have become expats in the last five years or so ? Seriously curious.

MARIA CUERVA

Dec 1, 2005, 12:42 PM

Post #8 of 9 (3243 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dtracy8671] Walls???

I've always believed that. It's going to become a debtor's prison.

patricio_lintz

Dec 1, 2005, 5:49 PM

Post #9 of 9 (3192 views)

Shortcut

Great idea, cost effective and there are no better bricklayers than those experienced ones in Mexico!

It should be bbuilt of burnt adobe with broken glass on the top!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4