Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

Marlene / Moderator

Nov 13, 2005, 7:56 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2037 views)

Shortcut

Tequila "Course" in the Baja

Can't Post | Private Reply
Interest in tequila is growing, and along with a tequila drinking course complete with certificate, day tours out of Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, and Guadalajara have become popular. I enjoyed this article.

http://www.azcentral.com/...1113tequila1113.html

Esteban

Nov 13, 2005, 8:21 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2032 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Tequila "Course" in the Baja

Take a short drive up to La Noria to see a beautiful blue agave rancho. Some of the Tequila making equipment dates back over a hundred years. Nice big veranda and comfortable rocking chairs while you sip their latest brew. See photo below.

PS La Noria is a short 30 or less minutes north of Maz off the libre.

(This post was edited by Esteban on Nov 13, 2005, 8:23 AM)
Attachments: Osuna+Tequila+-+Mazatlan.jpg (38.2 KB)

tonyburton

Nov 13, 2005, 10:07 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2020 views)

Shortcut

By an odd coincidence, last night I answered an e-mail, and have just the right person to take a course...:

Q: I am looking for a place to buy real TEQUILA from Mexico do you know where I could order some bottles.
I live in Ontario.
Can you let me know?

A: Your local liquor store.
Mexican tequila (and there is no other legal kind) is widely available,

Response: The ones in the liquor stores are not the same as the ones from Mexico

Response to response: There is no other kind of tequila - by law, all genuine tequila MUST come from Mexico. (even if some is bottled in the U.S.)
My favourites are marked; a bottle of any of them would be appreciated.
ˇSalud!
I included a page from the Ontario Liquor Board website, listing 40 different kinds of tequila, with the folllowing annotation :

'HERRADURA' ANEJO TEQUILA - very good tequila (my favourite)
Mexico | Tequila Herradura, S.A.
etc...

ncferret

Nov 13, 2005, 10:44 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2017 views)

Shortcut

In Mexico, the country's top-rated brands generally sell for $20 to $30 a bottle.

The author of the article is misinformed about the prices of top-rated tequila. The best tequilas sell for 3 to 4 times the price quoted above, or more. That's not to say that you can't find a decent bottle for $20-30, you can.

This site

http://www.acamextequila.com.mx/

has both English and Spanish versions and includes history, production, and pretty much everything you might want to know about tequila including the results from a number of "expert" tastings - the results were interesting.

Salud

(This post was edited by ncferret on Nov 13, 2005, 11:00 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4