Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

bcg

Nov 12, 2005, 5:00 AM

Post #1 of 9 (4604 views)

Shortcut

Guayabitos

Can't Post | Private Reply
Guayabitos- Just wanted to get a new thread going on Guayabitos as all I read was by Tony Burton. Have any of you been there? What did you do or like the best about the place? BG

Camille

Nov 12, 2005, 9:33 PM

Post #2 of 9 (4559 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bcg] Guayabitos

Guayabitos is nice..... but Los Ayala, a kilometer or two to the south, is absolutely PERFECT!

anna

Nov 15, 2005, 9:41 AM

Post #3 of 9 (4484 views)

Shortcut

Hi
Well finally some talk about our lovely area! We have been here almost 2 years now, and i agree with Camille, Los Ayala is perfect! It is surrounded by mountains so has limited growth potential which is reassuring to those of us who live and love it here. Our beach is like a big swimming pool, no undertows or drop offs and barely any waves! We have very few beach venders, and the ones we have are very non-aggresive salesmen and women, The shrimp and dorado and red snapper is always fresh and delicious! We have a regular mexican tourist season as well as a growing number of faithful Canadian And American tourists and residents as well. Nearbye Guayabitos has the nite life, more restaurants and more shops but is so close by that it is easy to go to if the need or desire strikes us!

Things to do, well the usual beach bumming, snorkeling, fishing, booze cruizes, whale watching, hiking, eating etc. Also there are so many places to see in day trips within 1-3 hours from here for instance: Puerto Vallarta and its environs, Ixtlan del Rio, Jala, Jamulca, Laguna de san maria, Boca de Naranjo, Mexicatitlan, San Blas, San Pancho, Sayulita, Lo de Marcos, Chacala, Las Varas, Punta Raza, El Tonino and Alta Vista in the mountains, nearbye rivers, virgen and semi virgen beaches, archeological sites, jungle tours, whew... the list is endless. And Guadalajara is only 3.5 hours away if you long for the big city!

Anyway that is only a quick summary.... check out the following links, most are in spanish but still have great pics.
http://www.visitnayarit.com
http://www.spaces.msn.com/members/ixtlan-nayarit (this is a great site but you need to have a hotmail address to access it)
http://lucy421.smugmug.com/...1760/1/2840286/small
http://www.guayabitos.com

Feel free, anyone, to ask me about the area
Anna at www.posadalasflores.com

bcg

Nov 15, 2005, 4:38 PM

Post #4 of 9 (4458 views)

Shortcut

Re: [anna] Guayabitos

I'm trying to find Ixtian del Rio,Jala,Jamulca,Laguna de San Maria. Describe them further please. I've been on the jungle ride to the Crocodile Farm(highly recommended) and to San Blas (highly rec. the Garza Holtel for lunch and shopping if you have tourists with you. Are you driving a jeep? I have a Dodge Caravan and it is hard to go on some of those roads. What arethe roads like to the mt towns of ElTorino and Alta Vista? We lived in Guadalajara for 3 1/2 yrs and I do like to take people to shop in Tonala and Tlaquepaque. BG

anna

Nov 15, 2005, 5:40 PM

Post #5 of 9 (4444 views)

Shortcut

Jala, Jamulca and Ixtlan are all within 15 minutes of eachother, and are about 1.5 hours from Tepic. I would have to check my map to get the exact turn off spot on the highway though. The Laguna is a bit farthur, there is a great write up in english accessible through a the resort up there, they have a great write up about Ixtlan and Jala and Jamulca

http://www.santamariaresort.com/

Bloviator

Nov 16, 2005, 4:58 AM

Post #6 of 9 (4417 views)

Shortcut

Recently read about San Blas in Mexico's Pacific Coast, the lonely planet book. It sounded idyllic until they mentioned that one will be constantly bitten by really nasty bugs that will leave bites that last for days. Is that true?

bcg

Nov 16, 2005, 8:22 AM

Post #7 of 9 (4397 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Guayabitos

Maybe it depends on the time of year you go. When I was down just 2 weeks ago we were eating at a table by the beach at the Jacquelin in Guayabitos and the bugs attacked us. But then I realized we were sitting right by the lights. I've been on the San Blas Jungle boat tour 3 times and never had that happen. I would take a supply of Skin So Soft or other repellent and just wear it. This is true particularly if bugs love you or you tend to get whelts from bugs. It IS rainforest- like there. I've gone in Feb. and Mar. and never been bothered.I've taken all my tourist friends and they absolutely loved it. It's like being in a crocodile Dundee movie. Our grandchn 5 & 7 ,loved it. BG

anna

Nov 17, 2005, 1:09 PM

Post #8 of 9 (4350 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dlyman6500] Guayabitos

They are jejenes or noseeums that is what we call them up north,or as my dad calls them "flying mouths" and they are strangely unpredictable!

Guera

Nov 19, 2005, 9:58 AM

Post #9 of 9 (4323 views)

Shortcut

Re: [anna] Guayabitos

I stayed at the Santa Maria resort about 3 years ago for a weekend and quite enjoyed it,l think it was still relatively new at the time (although don't quote me on that) . Unfortunately, it looks like they've significantly raised the the prices, yikes ! I payed less than half of what their posted rates are now...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4