Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

jennifer rose

Nov 2, 2005, 3:49 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1170 views)

Shortcut

Recommendations for San Miguel de Allende hotel

Can't Post |
Recommendations for something around $850 - $1000 M.N/night in San Miguel during November? Free and accessible parking is essential, I'm not particularly concerned about a free breakfast or happy hour, and I'd like something relatively upscale without being fey and chichi. Ideas?

Gringal

Nov 2, 2005, 3:59 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1163 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] Recommendations for San Miguel de Allende hotel

Can't Post | Private Reply
My favorite is Villa Jacaranda. You do get a 10% discount for cash, which brings it close to the $1000p point, and a very good breakfast with many choices is included. Great location a block from Juarez Park; walking distance to town; secured parking lot. Friends stayed there last spring and really liked it. They are fussbudgets.
I've heard Posada Carmina is a good one, with a little lower cost.

jerezano

Nov 2, 2005, 5:17 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1145 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Recommendations for San Miguel de Allende hotel

Hello,

The Posada Carmina was a favorite of mine 10 years back. They now have a web site (a google search for Posada Carmina San Miguel de Allende turns it up)and I note their prices are within the Rosa de Morelia specifications. A casual but romantic setting. Good restaurant in the past. Centrally located so you are just off the square. Whether they offer parking is debatable. They did in the past. Not so sure now. Only 23 rooms so a reservation will be necessary.

Whatever happened to the ritzy hotel Sierra (wrong name?) which was the only place in San Miguel which required a tie in their dining room? Still in business?

Adios. jerezano.

Cynthia7

Nov 2, 2005, 7:32 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1129 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jerezano] Recommendations for San Miguel de Allende hotel

The Sierra Nevada is greatly expanded as is their room rate. They have an annex on Juarez Park and I believe are associated with Camino Real. Carmina is remodeled and still very nice. I like the Jacaranca..good location, good restaurant,bar, parking and movies at night. Mansion del Bosque is next door and has a devoted following...There is a new hotel next to Carmina that is very small and looks nice. Can't remember the name. The San Francisco is the oldest hotel in town and has been updated. It is on the Jardin..corner of San Francisco and Hidalgo. My favorite bed and breakfast is Gerry Gill's on Recreo..Casa Granita..How long are you staying?

song_of_joy

Nov 2, 2005, 7:41 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1123 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Cynthia7] Recommendations for San Miguel de Allende hotel

I stayed at Casa Calderoni in July -- I cannot recommend it highly enough. Gracious, comfortable, beautiful... absolute class.

http://www.casacalderoni.com/accommodations.htm

Cynthia7

Nov 2, 2005, 8:11 PM

Post #6 of 8 (1118 views)

Shortcut

Re: [song_of_joy] Recommendations for San Miguel de Allende hotel

That is a first class place..it is north of the Jardin and very nice. It is close to OleOle -a favorite restaurant.

juditha16

Nov 2, 2005, 9:47 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1108 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Cynthia7] Recommendations for San Miguel de Allende hotel

I liked Casa Calderoni, too. But is there parking?
Judith

song_of_joy

Nov 3, 2005, 3:19 PM

Post #8 of 8 (1063 views)

Shortcut

Re: [juditha16] Recommendations for San Miguel de Allende hotel

There's walled and gated parking just around the corner. The concierge can tell you how to arrange for parking.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4