Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Biggles

Oct 22, 2005, 2:46 PM

Post #1 of 12 (1522 views)

Shortcut

Maid needed

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good maid? We would need her approx. 3x/week for 4 hours each day. This would be for the Chapala area. We've talked to our neighbors, but any personal recommendations would be appreciated. Spanish speaking is fine (I'm rusty but can usually get my point across without too many aspirins needed by the listener.

Thanks in advance!

1ajijic

Oct 23, 2005, 4:07 PM

Post #2 of 12 (1464 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Biggles] Maid needed

Just be sure you have anyone you hire fill out an employment contract. I have copies of the forms to hire and fire an employee on my website. You don't want to end up like dear departed Dianna! Plus keep a weekly pay book where they date and sign for their wages.
http://www.newbeginningsmexico.com

1ajijic

Oct 23, 2005, 4:09 PM

Post #3 of 12 (1461 views)

Shortcut

I forgot to mention <G> you share your screen name with a very handsome black standard poodle who lives here in Ajijic!

Biggles

Oct 23, 2005, 6:36 PM

Post #4 of 12 (1428 views)

Shortcut

Re: [1ajijic] Maid needed

Thanks so much...I'll be filching the form from your site. I just recently read the story about Diana...it left me shaking my head in disbelief.

Your handsome standard shares a name with a very distinguished shih tzu.

Cheri :)

NEOhio1

Oct 23, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #5 of 12 (1409 views)

Shortcut

Re: [1ajijic] Maid needed

Dart's mom - bring us up to date on the dilemma at Dianna's. We left 2nd week of September, and enjoyed eating on her terrace several times over the summer. Somehow I had thought she had gone thru these trials and tribulations before, gotten it squared away and re-opened. What happened?

1ajijic

Oct 24, 2005, 7:36 AM

Post #6 of 12 (1358 views)

Shortcut

Re: [NEOhio1] Maid needed

Nope, she lost due to to poor judgement on her part and has now closed the business because she could not pay the large amount of money/dmages awarded the employee. If she had used that form to terminate her..as the employee did show up again briefly after she stopped working for some time, this would never have happened. And then when the employee took her to court the first time and then didn't show up at the hearing, Dianna just didn't do anything else!! If she had found the employee and again gotten that form signed the termination money would have been small. By ignoring it the case stayed "live" and after four or five years??? !!! the dollar amounts went way up!! Supposedly she and her family have left the area.

Rolly

Oct 24, 2005, 9:04 AM

Post #7 of 12 (1342 views)

Shortcut

For more on the law about employees, read here: http://rollybrook.com/employee-pay.htm

Rolly Pirate

Biggles

Oct 24, 2005, 9:57 AM

Post #8 of 12 (1329 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Maid needed

Thanks to all that sent me private e-mails. We are now doing a trial basis today with a recommended woman. If she is even half as good as she appears to be, we're very pleased. Also, many, many thanks to Chris B and her website for the info/form. We're definitely using it.

I strongly recommend Rolly's website for anyone that is (like me) new at this. From the time we made the firm commitment to move SOB until now, it's provided a load of info and helped save us from unnecessary heartburn.

Cheers,

Cheri

skelleyhoutex

Oct 26, 2005, 10:31 AM

Post #9 of 12 (1188 views)

Shortcut

I,too, am looking for a maid as we just about have all the boxes unpacked. What a mess. I had the same person in Houston for 23 years so this is traumatic for me. I think we would need someone for about two mornings a week for four hours. Anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Uncle Jack

Oct 26, 2005, 11:56 AM

Post #10 of 12 (1176 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skelleyhoutex] Maid needed

Where are you located?

skelleyhoutex

Oct 28, 2005, 12:44 PM

Post #11 of 12 (1081 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] Maid needed

We are in Lower Chula Vista about three blocks off the Carreterra on del Parque.

Uncle Jack

Oct 28, 2005, 2:37 PM

Post #12 of 12 (1062 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skelleyhoutex] Maid needed

Send me an e-mail address and I'll send you a recommendation.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4