Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

dtracy8671

Oct 15, 2005, 10:55 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3346 views)

Shortcut

Concepcion de Buenos Aires

Can't Post | Private Reply
Has anyone in the area been to Concepcion de Buenos Aires? I cannot seem to find much on the Internet regarding the town. Any information you can pass along will be most appreciated. Thank you!

esperanza

Oct 15, 2005, 12:49 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3339 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dtracy8671] Concepcion de Buenos Aires

I've been to Concepción de Buenos Aires. To get there from the north shore of Lake Chapala, you need to drive around the lake to Tuxcueca and head south into the mountains as if you were going to Mazamitla. About 3/4 of the way to Mazamitla, the road splits. Stay to the left to continue to Mazamitla; stay to the right to go to Concepción de Buenos Aires. The trip from Ajijic takes an hour or better.

The town is small and quiet. The day I was there, the parish seemed to be the place where the action was. The ladies of the parish were bundling up despensa (staple foods) to be given to the local poor. There were hundreds of bundles to be given away. It's a weekly project for the parishioners.

A small tianguis was also going on around the town square.

I'd guess that there are no foreigners living there.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

dtracy8671

Oct 15, 2005, 1:35 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3334 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Concepcion de Buenos Aires

Thank you, Esperanza! I appreciate the info. You seem to have so much information available on just about anything one wants to know about the area. I always enjoy your posts and replies!

Bloviator

Oct 16, 2005, 5:55 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3313 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dtracy8671] Concepcion de Buenos Aires

I have also taken that trip that Esperanza mentioned. The trip itself is a real delight. We drove through the beautiful forests along the way and then afterfard on the way to Union de Guadelupe, watched people fishing in several little lakes, and, believe it or not, camping without 52 foot motor homes.

After Union de Guadelupe, we tried to find the road that is shown on maps as going quickly down to the Colima cuota. We couldn't find it, but did drive north through the mountains for a few miles and then dropped down to the Colima road at Atoyac.

The whole forest drive reminded me of driving in the Oregon mountains in the early 1950s, both the way the people were camping and fishing, but also the road, which is sort of paved most all of the way.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4