Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Oct 4, 2005, 9:54 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3301 views)

Shortcut

"Stan's my man!"

Can't Post | Private Reply
¡Hola, amigos costeños!
Looks like hurricane Stan is dumping a lot more water on the coasts of the Gulf of Mexico than either of the two ladies, Katrina and Rita. I hope not to much is washed away like in October of 1999. Ed and Fran...please keep us posted about how things are going there, as well as anyone else in the area.
¡Portense mal y cuidense bien!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

PeggyS

Oct 5, 2005, 12:25 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3271 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] "Stan's my man!"

Many of us on the Fora are very concerned about you all. The pictures and information on CNN tonight were very scary. As Roy asks, please let us all know how you are and what happened in your area. Many thanks.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Oct 5, 2005, 12:43 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3246 views)

Shortcut

Re: [PeggyS] "Stan's my man!"

Peggy and amigos costeños:
Fortunately all we have gotten here in Xalapa and surrounding area are heavy rains, some mudslides and a little flooding in low lying areas. Right now the sky is a deep black so we should get a downpour soon.
On the bright side, everything is a very lush green and the streets are washed clean while we are enjoying bright, clear skies(when it is not raining, of course!!!).
¡Cuidense, amigos!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

(This post was edited by "El Gringo Jalapeño" on Oct 5, 2005, 12:47 PM)

Ed and Fran

Oct 5, 2005, 1:05 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3243 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] "Stan's my man!"

About the same here up in Tuxpan. Rains started Monday evening, very heavy yesterday, and have been pretty steady (with a few breaks) through last night and today. Can't say how much we've received, but it's been a lot.

Local news is virtually non-existant around here so all I can really report on is what I can see around the immediate area. The river is up but not close to flood level. It is high enough that the small cable operated car ferry that we use to get out to the orange grove is not operating. But that's not all that unusual.

It can't be too bad, we haven't lost power. ;-)

Regards

Ed & Fran

Adrian

Oct 5, 2005, 2:21 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3239 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ed and Fran] "Stan's my man!"

In Reply To
It can't be too bad, we haven't lost power. ;-)

Amen to that, Ed!

Here up the coast a-ways in Tampico it started raining heavily yesterday PM (Tuesday) and it's been on-off since. When raining, it is super-heavy - like we have a cloudburst overhead. I would reckon we have had many inches in the last 24 hours but, so far, the drains are handling it.

I am more concerned about the dengue outbreak we have in these parts at the moment - hoping the rains will flush away all the foul standing water and ease the problem a little.

Adrian

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4