First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Bubba

Sep 17, 2005, 3:40 PM

Post #51 of 56 (4145 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ed and Fran] Seafood bought in interior

| Private Reply
Ed:

I have many friends and relatives along the Gulf Coast who ran off to hotels in places like Birmingham and Atlanta and left the poor who service them behind. I don't blame them for that as I would have joined them in their exodus.

One of those "friends" who is filthy rich, just sent us pictures of his mansion in the Garden District of New Orleans that he had on the market for 1.2 Million Dollars telling us how lucky he was that his magnificant house escaped serious damage. He can write this off and move back to his other mansion on the Alabama coast which was not damaged. Meanwhile, those old and disabled people slowly drowned while my friend was drinking pina coladas back in Bon Secour on Mobile Bay.

I was trying to say that, in Mexico, people are on their on. In the United States, there is the presumption that others not affected give a damn. This is crap.

Gross hypocrisy.

HHERRINGTON

Sep 17, 2005, 3:54 PM

Post #52 of 56 (4141 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
"Imagine watching the water rise inch by inch until you slowly drown and there you are swollen up in death", first think about the mayor and goveroner ignoring the evacuation plan for NO. Second think of the 800 buses the mayor should have used to evacuate people are flooded.

Then think of the goveroner that would not authorize the federal troops to take an active roll and would not send in the seven thousand national guard troops she had control of. This is same governor who would not allow relief workers into NO on days two and three.

Both the mayor and goveroner both had the evacuation plan for NO and both ignored their responsibilities.

FEMA is not blameless and Browne is gone because of it. Bush is frequently in the area because he wants to ensure what he had ordered is happening. When the "Chief idiot" got the goveroner to finally make a decision troops and relief rolled into New Orleans.

This is an emotional issue and it is easy to ignore the laws of the land, which most people and the press are ignorant of, or chose to ignore while miscasting blame at the "chief idot".
----------------------------------------------------

Life is too complicated to be expressed in one liners.

julian3345

Sep 17, 2005, 4:23 PM

Post #53 of 56 (4138 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jmkelley] Seafood bought in interior

| Private Reply
My grandma, who lived in Kansas and Colorado all her life, would not eat a fish she had not seen caught! Luckily, she and her daughters, my mom included, enjoyed angling in the pristine lakes and streams of the west; and the butcher at her corner market maintained a fresh water fish tank where she frequently selected and netted a nice fish the easy way. You gotta wonder about progress! Joan

jmkelley

Sep 17, 2005, 4:58 PM

Post #54 of 56 (4136 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Being aware that Bush and his bunch are barely sentient is not being against America, it is being for what is used to stand for. George Bush's America is one which allows a corpse to lie on a city street being eaten by rats for 48 hours, one in which news crews with cameras can get to flood victims but the nation with the largest military might in the world can't seem to find its helocopters.

That is not my country. My country left me a few years back.

Ed and Fran

Sep 17, 2005, 5:23 PM

Post #55 of 56 (4131 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Well, seeing as this thread is bound for locking I figure I might as well get in a last comment. Although I still find it hard to understand how we went from discussing bad seafood to a political rant.

jmkelly: George Bush's America is one which allows a corpse to lie on a city street being eaten by rats for 48 hours, one in which news crews with cameras can get to flood victims but the nation with the largest military might in the world can't seem to find its helocopters.

Oh, I think they found the helicopters just fine,. That is what they were using to rescue people from rooftops with.

My country left me a few years back.

Too bad. Hope it waved good-bye at you while it was leaving.

Rolly

Sep 17, 2005, 5:24 PM

Post #56 of 56 (4130 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
It does seem powerfully odd that CNN has better on the sceen communications than FEMA, et al.

Mexican TV has also done a good job covering the story.

Rolly Pirate
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4