Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Judy in Ags

Sep 9, 2005, 9:29 AM

Post #1 of 10 (7272 views)

Shortcut

Long-Term Parking in Guadalajara

Can't Post | Private Reply
Our granddaughter is buying us tickets to Seattle for the holidays. Does anyone know if there is a reasonable hotel in Guadalajara that provides long-term parking for those flying out of the city? If so, have any of you used this provision?

Thanks!

Bubba

Sep 9, 2005, 4:57 PM

Post #2 of 10 (7254 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Judy in Ags] Long-Term Parking in Guadalajara

Long term parking is not a problem in Guadalajara. There are countless cars that have been parked in the street in Guadalajara for years without a problem. I suggest you park your car on any street where people appear to be of lesser means and plant some grass around the edges of the vehicle. For insurance, let the air out of at least one tire. Neither the cops nor the thieves will exhibit the least interest in your car. This works really well for 1958 Ford Fairlanes which have all come to die here.

bournemouth

Sep 9, 2005, 7:14 PM

Post #3 of 10 (7243 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] Long-Term Parking in Guadalajara

Bubba - Judy needs a serious answer - not a sample of your "wit". Why not offer her parking at your lakeside establishment and drive her to the airport? That would be true Mexconnect friendship and generosity.

moonfam5

Sep 9, 2005, 7:35 PM

Post #4 of 10 (7240 views)

Shortcut

Judy,
Sometimes when we are on vacation in Michoacan, my brother-in-law has had to return to the states for a few days to attend to business, and he leaves his truck at the airport. You might want to inquire there, or perhaps the Hotel Casa Grande, which is right there at the airport. Have fun in Seattle.

Raymond
WinkThe more I learn, I less I know.

Don

Sep 9, 2005, 9:00 PM

Post #5 of 10 (7234 views)

Shortcut

I too agree you should check at the airport. We have family members that park there when going on trips. Not sure of the rate,

Bubba

Sep 10, 2005, 9:17 AM

Post #6 of 10 (7218 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Long-Term Parking in Guadalajara

Bournemouth:

Judy is welcome to park in front of my house. There is a free space since my next door neighbor's car was just stolen in broad daylight in about two seconds.

I will say that your idea is not totally crazy. Judy may find better luck parking her car in Ajijic than in Guadalajara if long-term parking at the Guadalajara airport is not available. The taxi ride to the airport is about the same distance and cost. If I were Judy I would contact some Ajijic hotels in the Ajijic area and see if they would rent a secure parking space.

Sure, I'll give Judy a ride to the airport for the price of one Cheese Whopper with extra mayo and onions at the airport Burger King.

Judy in Ags

Sep 17, 2005, 9:46 AM

Post #7 of 10 (7124 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Don] Long-Term Parking in Guadalajara

Thanks for your reply. Your home looks lovely. I know you're really enjoying it. We moved here in March of 2003 and are still working on getting our house finished. We are living in the finished part and enjoying it so much.

Judy in Ags

Oct 6, 2005, 1:33 PM

Post #8 of 10 (7050 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] Long-Term Parking in Guadalajara

"...Judy may find better luck parking her car in Ajijic than in Guadalajara if long-term parking at the Guadalajara airport is not available. The taxi ride to the airport is about the same distance and cost. "

"...the same distance and cost" as what??

By the way, Bubba, thanks for your answers, but it is alright to answer me directly, instead of as a third person.

Plans have changed (or augmented). We now plan to be gone a whole month so we'll probably take a bus to Guadalajara the day before we fly. Does anyone have a specific suggestion on a good, reasonable hotel with reasonable access to the airport? We appreciate all your help. We've been to Guad. a couple times, but never near the airport.

esperanza

Oct 6, 2005, 4:53 PM

Post #9 of 10 (7042 views)

Shortcut

There's only one hotel at the airport, Hotel Casa Grande. It's not really what you'd call reasonable. A couple of kilometers south of the airport and on the east side of the road is the Motel Viena, where you'd probably find a reasonable rate--but it's a motel de paso.

Your best bet is probably to stay at the Hotel Serena just a block or so from the bus station. The rates are reasonable and the hotel is quite decent. Take a cab to the airport in the morning. Allow 30-45 minutes for the ride, depending on the hour and the traffic.

Neither the bus station nor the airport is near the city of Guadalajara. The bus station is in Tonalá and the airport is in the municipality of Tlajomulco, out in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

sioux4noff

Oct 6, 2005, 9:45 PM

Post #10 of 10 (7032 views)

Shortcut

Judy, we stayed at the Hotel Hacienda del Sol in Tonala. It was clean, reasonably priced and fairly close to the bus station.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4