Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

caldwelld

Sep 1, 2005, 6:07 PM

Post #1 of 1 (747 views)

Shortcut

Aid to Katrina victims

Can't Post | Private Reply
As a matter of interest I am copying Kimberly's message below as she does not have access to this forum. I am sure she would be interested in hearing from anyone who wishes to help:
Hi, Everyone, I'm contacting you to ask for your help for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. There is available housing in SMA and I'd like to see if we can put together some relief for just a few of the many families who have been devastated by this disaster. We have so much. Please consider sharing what you have. PLEASE contact me if you can donate your casita or rental property to house victims. If some of you will donate accommodations, I will work out the details with the American Red Cross to select some families and with the bus companies to arrange transportation from Houston. They can be here in one night. Imagine, we have the resources to transport folks from hell to a home in one night. There is a bus leaving Houston on Saturday. Know someone who only uses their vacation house here one month a year? I urge you to contact them and ask them if they would be willing to help, too. Please contact me if you can help by purchasing (donating) some bus tickets, donating a casita or clothing and other necessities once these families arrive. Call or email and tell me what you have to offer. One more thing, I don't have many SMA email addresses, I collected all that I could find. If you could forward this around to your friends and to the various lists around town, that would help enormously, too (and please be patient if you get this email more than once). These people need help NOW. Please don't wait! I hope to hear from many of you soon. Sincerely,

Kimberly
Kimberly Ann Kubalek
www.kubalek.com
kimberly@kubalek.com
San Miguel de Allende, MEXICO 154-4882
Toll-Free from the US, Canada/Puerto Rico (800) 214-6933

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4