Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

kwschopf

Aug 29, 2005, 4:29 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2240 views)

Shortcut

Lakeside vs. Manzanillo

Can't Post | Private Reply
My husband and I have been investigating retirement sites and visited Ajijic this year and the previous year, planning to relocate there next spring. In the meantime, however, we have happened upon Manzanillo, and it sounds very appealing. Can some of you experts give us some advice? Is there affordable rental housing there? I don't see much on the internet. I know the obvious climate advantages of Ajijic - is Manzanillo uncomfortably hot and humid during spring/summer months? The expat support system in Ajijic is also an advantage - we speak limited Spanish, but are learning more every day. Anyone want to weigh in on this? Would appreciate your advice - thanks. Karen

shoe

Aug 29, 2005, 6:55 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2223 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kwschopf] Lakeside vs. Manzanillo

Can't Post | Private Reply
There is a visitors comment forum for Manzanillo at this stie: http://www.tomzap.com/frm/list.php?f=9
You can ask a lot of questions there and read what is already there.

There is a pretty good support group for new people that want to live in Manzanillo. They will help you find housing and anything else you need help with (medical, shopping, etc.). Just check around that site for more information.

You asked if rental housing is available and it is in all price ranges.

The weather is one of the big differences between Lakeside and Manzanillo. It is "Paradise" at Lakeside (I did not find it so as I froze) and it is hot and humid in Manzanillo. Really a lot like south Florida if you have ever been there except it does not get as cold as Florida. Tonight it is really steamy as it is very humid. Temperature is around 82 at 8:30 PM and it will get down to a chilly 75 tonight. The ocean is warmer than 75.

There are a lot of smaller towns within a hour drive of Manzanillo, which is a fair sized city. If you rent there and later find that you would like to try one of the smaller towns but still have the big city nearby, you can do that easily. Towns like Melaque (I live there), La Manzanilla, Cuyutlan, Cihuatlan, Berra de Navidad and many others. Colima is not that far away for major shopping and other attractions. There is a lot to be said for living in Manzanillo as with size comes a lot of offerings that might apeal to you.

Come on down and check it out a lot more, is the best advice anyone can give you..

PM me or email me at reshoe@yahoo.com if you wish to ask something more.

cya,
shoe

Nothing is intrinsically good or evil, but its manner of usage may make it so.
-St. Thomas Aquinas

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4