Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

anna

Aug 25, 2005, 6:24 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2978 views)

Shortcut

Los Ayala

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi

Well my favorite is my new home of almost 2 years, Los Ayala, 45min north of Vallarta right next to Rincon de Guayabitos. Pretty small and unknown but thats why we love it (Shhhhh.....) Sounds a lot like Melaque, all the mex tourists gone and the snowbirds havent arrived yet. My favorite time of year, a little wet though. (only bothers me cause i dont have a clothes dryer!) The storms roll in with thunder and lighting in the afternoon around 4:30 and cool you off! Good thing, cause it gets up to the high 30s Celsius during the summer.

We have a beautiful calm beach here and not too many big hotels on the beach. Just over the hill a little trail takes you to a couple much more private beaches as well. We get North American tourists, and snowbirds between November and March, and Mexican tourists, and the buses, between Semana Santa and through the summer, so Mid August to end of October is pretty quiet here.

Saludos desde Los Ayala, Nayarit
Anna

(This post was edited by anna on Aug 25, 2005, 6:44 PM)
Attachments: from hilltop north1.jpg (31.7 KB)

nlnic

Sep 4, 2005, 5:04 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2877 views)

Shortcut

Re: [anna] Los Ayala

Anna, you are in Paradise alright!
We were there (Los Ayala) for 3 days in April and it wasn't long enough. So quiet and beautiful. I would love to further explore it because it definitely ranks high with my hubby & me.
We plan on coming back.
Nancy
Con mi corazon en Mexico!

bcg

Nov 11, 2005, 12:55 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2768 views)

Shortcut

Re: [anna] Los Ayala

I have a condo in Guayabitos and spend a lot of time there. I've never really explore Los Ayala. Tell me what to do and where to eat. I have walked down there to the beach and just strolled along the beach. What should I not miss? Beulah

anna

Nov 17, 2005, 1:17 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2711 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bcg] Los Ayala

That is the main thing we do here, enjoy our beach, although you can hike over to Playa las Frideras or at the far end of the beach there is a steep path and you follow it till you arrive at the little, almost private, beach, there is a little restaurant there that is sometimes open. Just past this beach is an even more hidden beach, and past that is a trail to a Laguna and furthur on you arrive at Punta Raza a very long, virgen beach, with big surf, barely accessible by vehicle from nearbye Monteon, but from Los Ayala is a nice, not too strenuous 1.5 hour hike. Bring a lunch since no where to eat there, unless you walk to El Monteon or pick mangos or guayabas!

You can also walk or rent horses to take you to the the top of the mountains surrounding los Ayala, magnificent, panoramic views!

Anna in los Ayala

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4