Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

tonyburton

Aug 24, 2005, 7:37 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2691 views)

Shortcut

Cuastecomate

Can't Post | Private Reply
Anyone able to provide a recent report on Cuastecomate? I haven't been there for several years, but really enjoyed my last visit! Is the bay now more developed? What state is the main hotel in? etc. etc.

shoe

Aug 24, 2005, 11:53 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2650 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Cuastecomate

The hotel is doing fine. I think it is a fairly nice and clean hotel.

There are a few more houses being built or have been built but in general it hasn't changed much in the couple of years I have been around here and visiting here.

The bay is nice and Sparks was paddling around in it a couple of months ago in his kayak.

cya,
shoe

Nothing is intrinsically good or evil, but its manner of usage may make it so.
-St. Thomas Aquinas

tonyburton

Aug 27, 2005, 6:48 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2604 views)

Shortcut

Re: [shoe] Cuastecomate

Thanks, Shoe. I'm glad it hasn't changed too much. In the old, old days, the hotel had a one-eyed cat that was a star attraction - her name was Barbara Streisand!

SuzMex

Aug 30, 2005, 1:37 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2554 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Cuastecomate

Hi Tony,
I walk to Coastecomate every day I can (missed today because it's raining). The road was paved in 1998 and still doesn't have a lot of traffic so it's ideal for a daily "hike".

The north end of Melaque and Coastecomate are governed by the ejido of La Huerta, which is about 45 minutes inland. This poses problems for the residents there, especially where infrastructure is concerned. Tap water is pumped in through an overground pipe and frequently goes out. The road is fine in the winter, but in the rainy season, there are many slides and for some stupid reason, all the rain run-off is sent down one dirt street that heads toward the beach. The dirt road isn't really dirt at all.....it's made of escombro that is dumped during the year, and I watch it as it slowly becomes an arroyo.

Every year there are more houses built, mainly gringo vacation homes and "spec" houses, but Coastecomate still only has one hotel and not one abarrotes (there is one but it's only open a few weeks a year. I don't think that "counts").

I only went to the hotel once and had the worst margarita I've ever had in my life. I sent it back and ordered a beer. Figured they couldn't screw that up.

All in all, Coastecomate probably hasn't changed very much since the last time you were there.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4