Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Gringal

Aug 23, 2005, 3:09 PM

Post #26 of 36 (2447 views)

Shortcut

Re: [not_ally] More SMA restaurant comings and goings

| Private Reply
Grand idea. I hope you succeed and don't meet the "devil in the details". Your family and friends are very fortunate to have such a versatile cook in their midst. Please keep me posted on your progress. Oh yum.

not_ally

Aug 23, 2005, 4:46 PM

Post #27 of 36 (2434 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] More SMA restaurant comings and goings

| Private Reply
Don't know about versatile, but certainly too needy of Asian cuisine to go without (especially Indian, since I was addicted out of the womb by my mom, it's worse than heroin ...)
----------------------------
"The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly I discover there is no reason." John Cage

Bubba

Aug 23, 2005, 6:29 PM

Post #28 of 36 (2421 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Ah, Gringal:

On Mars, where there is little oxygen, it doesn't take a master chef to serve it up to accolades from the locals.

Sometimes I wonder if denizens of San Miguel get depressed after eating their precious but mediocre exotic foods only to arrive home shortly thereafter to the usual four walls and feel the inevitable blues from overreaching.

Gringal

Aug 24, 2005, 7:20 AM

Post #29 of 36 (2398 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] More SMA restaurant comings and goings

| Private Reply
The First Annual Expat Peripatetic Dinner Party invites you along to enjoy the following Special Menu:

Lakeside: Complacency on mashed taters with Bubba's Barbeque Everybody Sauce
SMA: Overreaching with a side of regrets and baby leaks
Patzquaro for dessert: Dream Whip

After dinner, the group travels to a local graveyard, where it drops you off for an intense conversation with a skull on the Meaning of Life. For the rest of the party, drinks at the Imaginarium.
Bon Apetit.

caldwelld

Aug 24, 2005, 7:43 AM

Post #30 of 36 (2394 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I love it!!!
dondon

Chumley

Aug 24, 2005, 10:03 AM

Post #31 of 36 (2380 views)

Shortcut

|
Yes, and as you now know, Bubba, we now have White Castle burgers available in SMA. Since you never replied to my PM, I am going ahead and eat the ones I saved for you.

Miguel Palomares

Aug 24, 2005, 2:08 PM

Post #32 of 36 (2365 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Chumley] More SMA restaurant comings and goings

|
The Lovely Marta and yours truly spent two nights in San Miguel, just returning yesterday. I had read on these forums a time or two or three that Pegasso has stupendous pastrami sandwiches. I primed the Lovely Marta, who is Mexican and therefore has spent most of her life (before marrying me) eating chilis and beans, for what I promised to be a gustatory experience. I too was primed, being a lover of pastrami. There is no pastrami (yet) in Lakeside Two.

In we went, down we sat, we ordered, we received . . . two of the most pathetic excuses for pastrami sandwiches imaginable. Can you imagine my embarrassment on seeing these scraggly things?

Will my wife ever trust my taste again?
From Tzurumutaro, Michoacan, "The Village of the Darned."

The nuts and bolts of moving to Mexico:
http://michaeldickson.blogspot.com/
The dark side of living in Mexico:
http://mexicopeeks.blogspot.com/
Scintillating life in a Mexican pueblo:
http://tzurumutaro.blogspot.com/
http://tzurumutaro2.blogspot.com/

Gringal

Aug 24, 2005, 2:45 PM

Post #33 of 36 (2356 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Don Palomares] More SMA restaurant comings and goings

| Private Reply
Awwww. Sorry that happened on your outing. Whoever guided you to Pegaso hadn't eaten there lately. I, too, fell for the pastrami story and was equally let down. The ones at Hecho en Mexico are much better, though a New Yorker might not give them four stars. In fact, everything is better there. Pegaso has gone down hill in the last year. We heard that they had great Thai dishes (not logical, I know) but ordered them anyway on the last trip there. It was indeed our last trip there, since my husband got food poisoning and my dish was seriously bad tasting. Better check with Chumley next time. He knows the good places on the high end; I'm more familiar with the under-100 peso eateries. No more bum steers.

Bubba

Aug 24, 2005, 5:31 PM

Post #34 of 36 (2336 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Chumley:

My aplogies for not responding to you PM on White Castle's availability in SMA. I thought I had done so. I also apologise to Not_Ally for a certain snotty post appearing earlier hearin for which I was reprimanded with some justification. Sometimes Gringal's "Bubba's Barbeque Everybody" sauce may be spread on a bit too generously.

Now, where can I get these frozen White Castles?

Chumley

Aug 25, 2005, 4:51 AM

Post #35 of 36 (2320 views)

Shortcut

|
I will not reveal the location of the grail on the open forum for fear of a rush on the mother lode. However, Bubba, you already know the source, and it will be replenished soon, so no fear. All you need to do is jump in your X-Terra and drive the four hours to heaven on earth.

jennifer rose

Aug 25, 2005, 6:46 AM

Post #36 of 36 (2309 views)

Shortcut

|
This thread's getting a tad long and off-topic, so I'm locking it. Feel free to open a new thread devoted to eateries.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4