Forums  > General > General Forum

Adrian

Aug 5, 2005, 12:34 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1115 views)

Shortcut

Mexicanos Verdaderos

Can't Post | Private Reply
'What makes a Mexican'?

Amongst the folk who frequent these fora, how many consider themselves to be 'Mexican', I wonder?

And how many really are genuine, passport-carrying, CURP bearing, born behind the tortilla curtain Mexicans? (whether currently living within the defined boundaries of the Estados Unidos Mexicanos or not)

Or, are we all Mexican now?

Ms_Powell

Aug 5, 2005, 2:24 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1086 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Adrian] Mexicanos Verdaderos

Hey, Adrian!! You are one of my favorite posters here. I think you are really smart!! De veras!

Though I am a Florida gal, I now consider myself to be a REAL Mexican.

I eat tortillas and beans till I am ill. That qualifies me. I put flowers in my hair sometimes. That qualifies me too. My best girl, Juanita, says I am more mexicana than she is!! And, she was born behind the Tortilla Curtain!!

I speak Spanish pretty good. Just ask Juanita. She will giggle, but that would not be an accurate indication of my linguistic talents. She speaks no English, so that says something. The Language of Love just is not enough in day-to-day life.

Buttercup is even mexicana! She barks with an English accent, but she is working on that. I hardly even notice it. She should work instead on not being such a big oaf.
------------------

"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals." -- Benjamin Franklin.

Bear

Aug 5, 2005, 3:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1065 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Adrian] Mexicanos Verdaderos

Whats the point?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4