Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Bonzlew

Aug 4, 2005, 11:25 AM

Post #1 of 3 (5521 views)

Shortcut

Motor home personal effects

Can't Post | Private Reply
Only my 2nd post! We are going to mexico to work on our house in San Blas and we'll be in our 1983 motor home (Newbie RVers too!). Is the content of the RV ,dishes, TV, clothes, camping equipment, spare repair parts, etc. required to be on an inventory or is it considered part of the vechicle? Also what about the auto trailer with our car on it that'll be attached to RV, is it a "vehicle" or not? We are going to attempt to get our FM-3s before heading south in the fall and any additional info on these circumstances will help us.Only Rolly has responded to my 1st post re: bringing tools & equipment, thank you sir.

* "No matter where you go, there you are."

Rolly

Aug 4, 2005, 12:04 PM

Post #2 of 3 (5510 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bonzlew] Motor home personal effects

And Rolly is back again. Smile

All those things are part of your motor hame and do not need to be listed so long as they are clearly part of the vehicle. Anything that is obviously not motor home equipment (say, a 27' fridge) is likely to get looked at.

The trailer is not a vehicle, but you need papers for it -- title. It will be listedd on one of your vehicle permits. This means that it, like the car, must leave the country someday.

Rolly Pirate

hoyafb95

Aug 4, 2005, 12:21 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5506 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bonzlew] Motor home personal effects

The RV and the car should be fine, one in each name.

On the car permit I have and I have seen in the last few years...there is a part on the right side called remolque, where one can attach trailers to a car permit.

You should not have a problem with bringing the 3 things across.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4