http://www.wsmv.com/...552&nav=1TcRcuNm

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Marlene

Aug 3, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #2 of 19 (2350 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] Local Boy Makes...Well, Not Good

Can't Post | Private Reply
Wow... Justice maybe does prevail after all. Thanks for posting that article.

talosian

Aug 3, 2005, 8:58 PM

Post #3 of 19 (2332 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] Local Boy Makes...Well, Not Good

Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
"When all logical explanations have failed, we must look to the illogical for the answer.

Marlene

Aug 3, 2005, 9:09 PM

Post #4 of 19 (2327 views)

Shortcut

Re: [talosian] Local Boy Makes...Well, Not Good

Absolutely!

lmaxine

Aug 3, 2005, 10:16 PM

Post #5 of 19 (2317 views)

Shortcut

This link to a Nashville TV station has several videos with more information on this situation. http://www.wsmv.com/...552&nav=1TcRcuNm
"He upon whose heart the dust of Mexico has lain will find no peace in any other land." Malcolm Lowry

PeggyS

Aug 4, 2005, 12:57 AM

Post #6 of 19 (2308 views)

Shortcut

YEAH!
Many thanks, Esperanza.

dtracy8671

Aug 4, 2005, 9:51 AM

Post #7 of 19 (2223 views)

Shortcut

Re: [PeggyS] Local Boy Makes...Well, Not Good

What restaurant in Ajijic does his wife own?

lmaxine

Aug 4, 2005, 10:29 AM

Post #8 of 19 (2211 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dtracy8671] Local Boy Makes...Well, Not Good

The Media Luna.
"He upon whose heart the dust of Mexico has lain will find no peace in any other land." Malcolm Lowry

johanson

Aug 4, 2005, 10:30 AM

Post #9 of 19 (2210 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dtracy8671] Local Boy Makes...Well, Not Good

The Media Luna is a coffee shop-restaurant, on the lake side of the road. It is in La Floresta, at the first intersection heading East from Ajijic.

Remember that no matter what you think of Perry, that his wife and his and her children are innocent victims here. This restaurant which is run by his wife has some of the best coffee and pastries in town. And also dam* good food.

Even though some people refused to go there because of their feelings about Perry, the place was always crowded. Why? Because of the excellent quality of the coffee and food.

If the place is still open, you might consider going there.

(This post was edited by johanson on Aug 4, 2005, 10:38 AM)

dtracy8671

Aug 4, 2005, 10:39 AM

Post #10 of 19 (2205 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Local Boy Makes...Well, Not Good

You are so correct, Pete. I remember seeing this story on TV and thinking how sad, if he is guilty, for his new wife and children, they are adorable. I hope for their sake that he is not guilty....enough has already happened to that family. We will definitely try the restaurant in Nov.

Delia

Aug 4, 2005, 12:15 PM

Post #11 of 19 (2170 views)

Shortcut

Perspective

I often wonder.... if O. J. Simpson opened a “good” restaurant in Ajijic, I don’t think as many “people” would be as blasé about it and frequent the place because it had such excellent food and service. And Simpson is legally innocent of any criminal wrongdoing and has no outstanding murder warrants, unlike the other.

johanson

Aug 4, 2005, 1:05 PM

Post #12 of 19 (2154 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JohnO] Perspective

By your comments, John, it would appear you have found Perry guilty. Perhaps you could share your information with us or the authorities. I don't know whether he is guilty or not. I shall let the courts decide.

And in this case neither Perry nor OJ have opened a restaurant in Ajijic. I think you will find that the restaurant is owned and run by is wife Carmen, a very talented cook and baker, who if given a chance will be able to do very well with or without Perry. Let's not destroy her ability to earn money for her children just because of our thoughts about her husband.

Let's give her a chance to make it on her own. Who knows. Perry may be innocent. And then again, as some of you wish, he may be guilty. Let's not bring any more pain to Perry's wife or their children by blaming her for something her husband may or may not have done.

dtracy8671

Aug 4, 2005, 1:39 PM

Post #13 of 19 (2140 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JohnO] Perspective

Shame on you! This has nothing to do with his current wife as he met her in Mexico after the fact, whatever that may be, and it is her restaurant.

Bubba

Aug 4, 2005, 2:30 PM

Post #14 of 19 (2125 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dtracy8671] Perspective

Is this a current version of stoning? You guys would love my native Alabama in the 1920s. All we needed was an oak tree, a rope and a frenzied mob. Is "due process" no longer the process?

(This post was edited by Bubba on Aug 4, 2005, 2:53 PM)

talosian

Aug 4, 2005, 5:32 PM

Post #15 of 19 (2083 views)

Shortcut

My two pesos agrees

his his Wife and children are it seems truly innocent "victims" in this matter. In the military it is called "collateral damage" when innocent people are hurt in the cross-fire of a criminal action.

In one of my posts, I said a person is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I would like to correct what I feel is the truth of the matter.

A person is presumed innocent of a crime if and until twelve people are convinced beyond a reasonable doubt hs/she comitted the illegal act. Guilt is a legal, not factual concept. What I am trying to say is, the decision of the jury may determine a person is "guilty" of a crime, but this doesn't mean he/she actually did it. And if you doubt this, just Google "Project Innocence" for a real eye opener.

When I met Perry March, it was to ask him to be on a Lakeside Forums panel. We talked for some time and he gave me an insight to himself and his "situation." I talked with him twice after that and then did extensive research on his situation both here and in his hometown and drew my own conclusion which I will NOT present here. Perry ultimately felt it was not in his best interest to be on a Forum panel dealing with the criminal law system (often mistakenly called the "criminal justice system."

I'm sure time will tell, and I'm just waiting to see who sets up the betting pool/lottery for the final outcome.

Film at eleven.
"When all logical explanations have failed, we must look to the illogical for the answer.

Rogelio L.

Aug 5, 2005, 11:46 AM

Post #16 of 19 (1975 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Perspective

I had a really good cup of coffee and a pleasant conversation with Perry back in Feb. when I visited Ajijic. This was before I knew anything about his case, I will be going back to the restaurant, and I wish the man well. We all deserve our day in court, and we should not pass judgment on others until we hear the whole story.
Roy
Growing old is manditory, growing up is optional!!

Biggles

Aug 5, 2005, 2:12 PM

Post #17 of 19 (1953 views)

Shortcut

Re: [shadow34] Perspective

Wow! This was a real eye-opener! Hubby and I tried the restaurant when we first arrived. We had no idea who owned the restaurant or anything about it other than it looked pleasant and we wanted to grab a bite. It was wonderful--the food was tasty and the cappuccino was one of the best that I'd had there.

The first time that we went there, the owner and a friend/acquaintance/? was sitting behind us talking when an obviously angry American came up and berated the owner over some completely stupid problem (toast not toasty enough?). He handled it beautifully. When we were finished, I went up to compliment him on the food and drink. It was sincere.

I don't know the whole story about Perry March and am not in a position to decide whether he's guilty or innocent. I'd seen a story about the case on some TV show (60 Minutes?) but that was a while back and I never knew it was "his" restaurant. Would I go back? Absolutely. I wish the best for the innocents left behind...the wife and children. Regardless of what he may or may not have done, they shouldn't be punished.

PeggyS

Oct 6, 2005, 1:04 AM

Post #18 of 19 (1744 views)

Shortcut

wow....I was watching CNN when up popped a map of Mexico with only the name AJIJIC written on it (in the correct spot), and away we go again with news about Perry March.
Next, they told us that in Nashville, the bail for Perry March was three Million U.S. dollars.

I agree totally about the "innocents" and the Media Luna and its excellent food.

My question is about his getting remarried, while claiming that his wife Janet was still alive. Surely, as an attorney, he was aware of "bigamy" (unless he KNEW that Janet was dead, why would he remarry?)

He had married Carmen by 2000, and Janet was not declared Dead until 2004.

I am not passing judgement, I simply don't understand his reasoning.
It looks like it's all back on our daily news again. Stay tuned.

Oscar2

Oct 8, 2005, 12:15 AM

Post #19 of 19 (1633 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Local Boy Makes...Well, Not Good

On another occasion, before someone tried to taint my atmosphere with their own sense of disdain about someone affiliated to the Media Luna restaurant, I had the extreme pleasure on a very hot day, to stop in and have something I “NEVER” expected to find in a distant little town restaurant found in Ajijic. Some may think this is silly, trite or something else or another but one day I had a real hankering for just a nice cold “egg salad” sandwich which are at times almost impossible to find in small remote towns in Mexico, based on my short lived experience there. But lo and behold, there it was. The waitress handed me this huge, almost overfilled, cold egg salad sandwich, loafed between two thick, freshly baked and sliced, either sour doe or potato bread, inter-sprinkled with sesame seeds or something else delicious. The egg salad had diced pickles, olives, capers and some other very tangy, tasty ingredients topped with thin cool cucumbers and lettuce that made the day seem so much cooler and my taste buds just hummed with pleasure. I defy anyone to point the way to another restaurant where a nice cool egg salad sandwich on a hot day can be your pleasure.

Went back another time, again on a hot summer day and had the most delicious, copious “steak salad” made and tenderized either rare, medium of well done, according to your personal taste. It was also very cool and delicious with tasty, tangy ingredients. I loved it! The place was clean and the ceiling fans were cooling.

I sincerely hope the young wife, who is the cook, continues to have a robust business because of the genuine effort she puts into the preparation of her food. She deserves it. Hopefully it will help her support herself and the children in her charge which also deserve a long and especially good life.

(This post was edited by Oscar2 on Oct 8, 2005, 12:18 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4