Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

abbottsk

Jul 28, 2005, 7:33 AM

Post #1 of 13 (2251 views)

Shortcut

San Antonio

Can't Post | Private Reply
What about staying in San Antonio it sounds like it is very close to Ajijic-true. What is it like-are we better off to stay right in town. Any suggestions.

Kelli

1ajijic

Jul 28, 2005, 8:35 AM

Post #2 of 13 (2228 views)

Shortcut

Re: [abbottsk] San Antonio

San Antonio is the next village east. It is an easy walk or busses are easily available. However, I don't know too many places to stay there. There is a wide range of hotels and B&Bs in Ajijic.
http://www.newbeginningsmexico.com

viajita

Jul 28, 2005, 10:29 AM

Post #3 of 13 (2206 views)

Shortcut

San Antonio is where I live. It's a wonderful village but there are no places to stay here. It would be advisable to stay in Ajjijic but make sure you visit San Antonio. It's the best.

rickc

Jul 28, 2005, 10:34 AM

Post #4 of 13 (2204 views)

Shortcut

As previously indicated there are many good B&B locations in Ajijic. I have only stayed at The Swan Inn, and can certainly for it. Nice rooms with attatched bathrooms, friendly staff, and they treated us very nicely indeed.

Here is a website with links to most local B&B's as well as many area realty and rental offices.

San Antonio is, indeed, the next village East of Ajijic, followed by Riberas Del Pilar and then Chapala. Superlake, the largest market between Ajijic and Chapala is also located there, right on the Carratera.

If you Google the Ajijic area you'll find a lot of other great local info as well as some pretty detailed maps of the lakeside area. Good luck.

Rich Chambers
Navigating the Sea of Life..

Bubba

Jul 28, 2005, 11:32 AM

Post #5 of 13 (2196 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rickc] San Antonio

San Antonio is a dump.

johanson

Jul 28, 2005, 12:43 PM

Post #6 of 13 (2178 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] San Antonio

What do you mean? The center of town boasts a Coke distribution center, a Corona Beer Distribution Center, several liquor stores, MBE, and of course Superlake, oh and I forget several second hand stores, and an abandoned store front or two

Bubba

Jul 28, 2005, 2:08 PM

Post #7 of 13 (2157 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] San Antonio

Well put. What was I thinking?

Jerry@Ajijic

Jul 28, 2005, 7:15 PM

Post #8 of 13 (2112 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] San Antonio

It also has Mario's, Tony's, Beer Garden, Lena's, A new B B Q place,and probably other eating places, a library, MBE, a travel agency, a drug store, a TV repair & Sales place, etc, etc

RIONSDAD

Jul 29, 2005, 3:38 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2081 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jerry@Ajijic] San Antonio

Let's not forget Diana's, a realtor, and some of the noisiest fireworks around, during fiesta days, loose cows and horses, a'roaming. and the Beer Garden, who's sign in English, says "breakfats". ILO of "breakfast. " You gotta love it...

Oscar2

Jul 29, 2005, 1:03 PM

Post #10 of 13 (2025 views)

Shortcut

A couple of months ago we took a trip down to Ajijic and also had the pleasure of staying at the Swan Inn. Part of my trip report included our experience there. Iím patching it over to you to enjoy.

On another front, we had the real pleasure of staying at a B&B called The Swan Inn. Jean the owner and Umberto, her manager, treated us like old friends. Sheís a sweetheart! The appointments in this B&B are something only the heart and soul of a true artist could have put together. Her husband, who has recently met his calling and has gone on to the great beyond, was truly gifted as an artist and as a person. Reflections of his talents are ascribed in every nook and cranny of this picturesque B&B. Itís as if the structure in of itself was a personal painting/collage put together as his ultimate work of art. From the tastefully appointed mosaic inlays and concaved walls adorned with statues and his paintings, the mosaic swimming pool and Japanese garden with plenty of creature comforts, make for unforgettable ambiance. We stood there for about two weeks; except for the two days we stood at Jeans beach house in Manzanillo. While in Ajijic, Jean would join us to various restaurants for different kinds of food and we even attended the Folk Lorrico in town and had some great adult beverages celebrating every occasion I could think of. Sheís a fun gal! Jean recently purchased this very nice house/property right on the sand in Manzanillo. Itís gated, private, good cook and housekeeper, with an attractive pool in front of the house just before you hit the sand. As I understand it, she is on occasion considering renting the house on the beach, so if youíre interested, ask her.

Swan Inn Ajijic
www.swaninnajijic.com

(This post was edited by Oscar2 on Jul 29, 2005, 1:06 PM)

viajita

Jul 29, 2005, 1:20 PM

Post #11 of 13 (2008 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] San Antonio

Whadaya mean a dump? When was the last time you were here? Every morning I wake up to a symphony of birds, the whinny of horses, the mooing of cows, the braying of donkeys and the wafting of manure. No traffic noise, no tourists. It's the perfect place to live.

esperanza

Jul 29, 2005, 1:34 PM

Post #12 of 13 (2006 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] San Antonio

Across the street from the Lake Chapala Society there's another B&B--the one I prefer for guests in Ajijc. It's the Hotel Casa Blanca, and host Joseph will treat you like a king--or a queen. Email for the Casa Blanca is hotelcasablancaajijic@hotmail.com. They'll send you an immediate reply.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

mhurley

Aug 3, 2005, 12:54 PM

Post #13 of 13 (1884 views)

Shortcut

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4