Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

ken and judith

Jul 25, 2005, 9:51 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2026 views)

Shortcut

here in maz

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife and I are here in Mazatlan for the first time and loving it. We have been searching for exactly the right spot in Mexico to set ourselves up long term and we feel that we may have found it here. Over several years we have looked at the usual spots - San Miguel, Ajijic, etc but we are really feeling at home here in Maz.

We will be here for another week and would love to connect with someone for coffee or Margaritas to talk about this wonderful city. If there is anyone out there willing to meet a couple of gringos from Toronto who plan to be here permanently in the not too distant future, please let us know. We will be heading back next Sunday and will check the posts and the emails reguarly to see if anyone is available.

Muchas gracias.
Ken and Judith
kenalbanese@rogers.com

Marlene / Moderator

Jul 25, 2005, 3:14 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2000 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bailey] here in maz

Hi Baileys,
There are several groups that meet monthly and at least two that meet weekly. On Sundays, the Mazinfo group meets at 4 pm at the Las Flores Hotel on the beach in the Golden Zone and on Friday's at 4 pm the Mazamigos meet at Canucks restaurant along the Malecon in Olas Altas. If you come back in the winter months you will find something every single night! (Especially in the area of the Plaza Machado in old town.)

I am really pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time in Mazatlan. What part of the city are you staying in for this first visit?

Marlene.

ken and judith

Jul 25, 2005, 4:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1990 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Marlene] here in maz

Thanks for the info Marlene. We have been at Canucks already and quite enjoyed it. We will take up your suggestion and go there this Friday. Unfortunately we leave on Sunday AM. We have been staying around the corner from the Plaza Machado. We´ve been here a week already and have really been enjoying it.

Ken and Judith

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4