Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

abbottsk

Jul 19, 2005, 6:28 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1096 views)

Shortcut

Hotels/B&B's in San Miguel

Can't Post | Private Reply
We are planning a trip to Guadalajara and San Miguel the first part of November and would like some suggestions of where to stay and what to do. I think we will split up our trip and stay in San Miguel for a couple of days and Guad for a couple of days. How far is it from Guad to SM? How are the roads? What are your suggestions for renting a car? How is the weather that time of year? Is there anyplace special we shouldn't miss seeing?
Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

kelli

esperanza

Jul 19, 2005, 7:22 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1083 views)

Shortcut

Re: [abbottsk] Hotels/B&B's in San Miguel

Kelli, look up near the top of this page and you'll see a link titled "Search Posts". You can use that function to find out so much information! You'll find the answers to just about all of your questions in recent posts made on this website. If you take some time to look at the 'Traveling Mexico', 'Ajijic/Lake Chapala', and the 'Guanajuato/San Miguel de Allende forums', you'll find a wealth of information that will give you a good start at planning your trip.

Have a great time reading and learning, and then come back and ask more questions.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Carol Schmidt

Jul 19, 2005, 7:59 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1073 views)

Shortcut

I have to second Esperanza's post. You haven't done any homework, your broad questions indicate. Just take a few minutes to read back in the San Miguel forum and you will see I could write about a thousand "must sees" but I already have, at length. Go to my archived columns as well, for my first three months of letters back to the States about our first impressions of San Miguel. On the left side of the "Home" Mexconnect page, go to Authors M-Z, then click on S, then go to Carol Schmidt to read my "Falling...in Love with San Miguel" columns.

Nov. 2 is a major holiday, Day of the Dead, in Mexico but you won't be able to just find the SMA cemetery and drop in on someone's grieving family at their family plot your first day in town. Not if you have any sensitivity to human feelings, that is--many gringos do just that. This is a private kind of holiday, but there are some organized tours around this event. Write again just before you come and I'll report what Atencion has listed.

Weather is so changeable and unpredictable in recent years that I can only say that traditionally November is clear and brisk, maybe highs of 70s, but bring a warm jacket for night, and maybe toss in the umbrellas in case the rainy season stays on past October since it was late getting started. (Usually rainy season June-Oct means one heavy thuderstorm in the late afternoon or early evening for an hour, but it's been more erratic than that this year.)

I'm lousy with directions and roads and cars stuff. I think all that can be found if you do a search though. Do a little bit of general research first and then come back with your specific questions. You'll love it here!

Carol Schmidt

Carol Schmidt

Jul 22, 2005, 3:47 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1017 views)

Shortcut

I hope you've been doing some reading on San Miguel and are starting to get most of your very basic questions answered. The current thread on car rentals was one area you were interested in. When you've got some still-unanswered questions, be sure to write.

Carol Schmidt

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4