(b4 heading to Patzcuaro) - any recommendations? ANDREA
ANDREA

jennifer rose

Jul 17, 2005, 7:55 PM

Post #2 of 7 (3222 views)

Shortcut

Re: [aatapia] Lodging in Uruapan

Can't Post |
The best in town is the Hotel Mansion del Cupatitzio, http://www.mexonline.com/mcupatitzio.htm. Beautiful grounds, safe parking, excellent restaurant, and a choice venue.

esperanza

Jul 17, 2005, 8:13 PM

Post #3 of 7 (3219 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post | Private Reply
My particular favorite hotel is Villa de Flores, #15 Emilio Carranza near the plaza downtown. Ask for a room in the back, off the central courtyard, for a restful night. Room rates were 480 pesos in May of this year. Phone number is 452.524.2800.

If you have an extra hour or two in Uruapan, take time to go to the Huatápera Museum on the plaza before you catch your bus to Pátzcuaro. If you can spare half a day, go to the Huatápera and to the Parque Nacional Eduardo Ruiz. You'll be delighted with both.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on Jul 17, 2005, 8:15 PM)

Ms_Powell

Jul 18, 2005, 7:47 AM

Post #4 of 7 (3188 views)

Shortcut

Hola, Andrea! That has always been one of my favorite names!

Do yourself a big, big favor. If you have time for only one thing in Uruapan, get thyself to the national park that Esperanza wisely recommended. Park, you are thinking. Ugh! Right?

That park in Uruapan is like stepping into a jungle in Chiapas. But without the long drive! And no anacondas!

And furthermore (you will love this), the hotel Jennifer Rose recommends is right at the park entrance. You can kill two birdies with one little rock. A sweet gift to yourself, like a massage or a makeover on Oprah. I recommend it.

The hotel is a bit pricy. Jennifer lives in the fast lane. Lucky girl!

But it is worth it. Just think of the snazzy hotel and the park as a package deal.

Juanita and I stroll through the palm fronds in the park at every opportunity. Poor Buttercup sits outside tied to the Jeep doorknob, distraught, but nobody ever messes with the Willys. She growls.
------------------

"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals." -- Benjamin Franklin.

(This post was edited by Ms_Powell on Jul 18, 2005, 7:49 AM)

aatapia

Jul 18, 2005, 11:28 AM

Post #5 of 7 (3161 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ms_Powell] Lodging in Uruapan

You mujeres are the best! Thanks for all the good stuff re: Uruapan. We have an aunt who was born there and we're hoping to dig up some family ties - maybe in the jungle/parque, who knows?

Do you have any recommendations for lodging or activities "not to be missed" in Patzcuaro? That will be a 2 night stay. Would love to hear anything you'd like to share.

ANDREA
ANDREA

Ms_Powell

Jul 18, 2005, 12:11 PM

Post #6 of 7 (3154 views)

Shortcut

Hi, Andrea!

Yes, we mujeres are definitely the best.

I rarely get to Patzcuaro, even though it is not that far. I usually head up to Morelia when I go somewhere. Maybe Jennifer can help you. She knows everything!

Enjoy the trip.

Ginny
------------------

"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals." -- Benjamin Franklin.

esperanza

Jul 18, 2005, 1:22 PM

Post #7 of 7 (3146 views)

Shortcut

There is an infinity of options for hotels in Pátzcuaro, from the least expensive hostel to the highest-end extravagance of a B&B.

My personal favorite is the Gran Hotel on Plaza Gertrudis Bocanegra, the small plaza. I've been staying in the hotel for 25 years. The price per night is about 450 pesos. The rooms are small but squeaky-clean and comfortable, with excellent showers in the en suite bathroom. Staff is friendly and the restaurant on the ground floor is excellent.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4