Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Kip

Jul 21, 2005, 7:58 PM

Post #26 of 38 (1706 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Howard Botz] can I get the Roomba at CostCo in GDL?

Can't Post | Private Reply
My hubby is a goood kid. He brought me home the newest upgrade of the Roomba. Sears $279. It cleaned our bedroom, large, oddly shaped with a marble mosaic "river" running through it, and even cleaned under the bed. I am Waaaay impressed! We have five small dogs, four of which are major shedders and four cats..three of which are long haired. It's WONDERFUL!

In my opinion the perfect 24th anniversay present!
kip

Elaine

Jul 22, 2005, 5:10 AM

Post #27 of 38 (1687 views)

Shortcut

Try looking on the Sears or Penneys online web sites. I found two of them listed. One runs about $150, the other $275. I think it is Penneys that also lists extra batteries and other accessories. It sounds good to me. I plan on looking at one when I go out shopping today. I'm concerned about their weight. I have had surgery on my hands and can not lift anything very heavy.

When one door closes, another opens. Some people are so busy looking at the door that has closed, they don't see the door that has opened. Keep looking for those open doors.

DavidJ

Jul 22, 2005, 6:44 AM

Post #28 of 38 (1680 views)

Shortcut

I just bought a 4210 Discovery Roomba from Amazon US for $U.S. 249.97. There is a special deal for the month of JUly--$30.00 off on floor products. I was influenced by the postive reviews on this forum.

Oscar2

Jul 22, 2005, 11:36 PM

Post #29 of 38 (1639 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Elaine] can I get the Roomba at CostCo in GDL?

Elaine, the Roomba scales at 6 ½ lbs... But this little baby delivers a punch. Because of its size and its technical advances/ability prolonged good service depends on how well you care for it. Kip, for example, if you initially have a lot of hair, dental floss or other fibrous substances etc. on your floors, beware! Why, because the collective build up of these fibers when picked up and ensnarled on the brush and if left that way for a prolonged period of time the ensnarled hair will definitely deform and compress the bristles so they don’t stick up as straight and as high as they should thus naturally reducing bristle cleaning performance. Simple removal and bristle cleaning with a comb after cleaning a KNOWN heavily effected area goes a long way in cleaning performance. Once you’ve done your initial vacuuming, especially after rarely vacuumed under bed or sofa’s, each other routine cleaning yields less and less hair requiring less brush cleaning, unless, of coarse, you have heavy pet traffic. But if you’re something like me, I realize this little guy relieves me of a lot of hands on work, so I take good care of it.

In addition, a word to the wise, I sincerely hope those of you who do purchase, be sure, if possible to get the extended warranty. If they don’t offer one, try some other store. Why, because when the batteries start getting weak, replacement is essential. Important: When I’ve called the manufactures 800 toll free number included in the box to report a defective battery, deformed or malfunctioning brush or just about anything else, I enquired as to where they wanted the dud or faulty parts sent back for exchange purposes, they replied, “we don’t accept parts back because we don’t repair them and its less expensive for us just to send you a new part and you can dispose of your old part, as needed. Something worth considering and to think about, as a plus. Important: Be sure to keep the receipt and box for exchange purposes. Hope this helps.

olalla

Jul 25, 2005, 5:58 PM

Post #30 of 38 (1581 views)

Shortcut

According to a write-up in Business Week on innovative products, the Roomba costs about $240.00 USD

Kip

Jul 29, 2005, 8:19 AM

Post #31 of 38 (1515 views)

Shortcut

I've had the Roomba for a couple of weeks now and really like it but.... sometimes it gets caught. I think they should invent some kind of answer device so you can call it when it gets lost. I searched all over when I came back in from feeding the horses and couldn't find it! it hadn't docked it'self so I searched...and searched and finally found it under my husband's recliner! It couldn't get out so just gave up...poor little thing.
kip

Oscar2

Jul 29, 2005, 12:35 PM

Post #32 of 38 (1490 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kip] can I get the Roomba at CostCo in GDL?

I too have had similar experiences. Once you become familiar with the nooks and crannies this little guy can’t asunder, part of the learning curve is to use those little virtual walls to set up perimeters known to jam your machine or just drop a book in front of the opening so it will bump into it and go elswhere. My recliners or rocking chairs don’t sit up high enough but just high enough where this little sucker will get stuck. After awhile you pretty much know each room and before you let this little guy go, set up your perimeters. Such areas where there is a lot of stuff on the floor like lamp cords, wiring of different types which are a hassle to move, I just set that little gizmo to set them to a 9 foot virtual wall, blocking the vacuum from going into certain areas. Once in awhile, when I’m up to it and as needed, I pick up the wire or whatever and just let that little guy go at it. Since I have accumulated about 4 batteries, I usually just set it down, and while I’m doing something else, I run it till the battery runs out in that one room itself. This is done easily and routinely and as a result my floors usually stay pretty clean. Hope this helped.

wendy devlin

Jul 29, 2005, 6:32 PM

Post #33 of 38 (1455 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] can I get the Roomba at CostCo in GDL?

That's it!

I'm going to apply to be a vacuum sales-person in Mexico!
There seems to be a lack of , door-to-door vacuum sales people in Mexico.

A job that few Mexicans seem to want:)

Oscar2

Jul 29, 2005, 8:48 PM

Post #34 of 38 (1435 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wendy devlin] can I get the Roomba at CostCo in GDL?

Absolutely Brilliant …………….!!!!

You can handle sales in Mexico, I, on a grand scale, will handle international tech support and if the salary was high enough, who would you consider on this board, as “THE smooth operator,” all around good will ambassador, handling customer relations slick as a greased pole………… Anybody come to mind? We’ll take applications, straight away and set up a kiosk in the center of the town square. Boy, now why couldn’t I think of something like this my last visit. Sheeeeez …………………..I remember, I was just to busy having a good time and hey, STOP, what the hell am I talking about, I’m supposed to be permanently retired, sorry kid ……………………..;-) But just the same, send out the apps ….. who knows?

pat

Aug 14, 2005, 3:47 PM

Post #35 of 38 (1368 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Oscar2] Just got the new roomba...

... and love it. Not sure the scheduling function is worth the extra money, though. It seems every time we use it we carry it to the room we want it to work in, and start it manually. The two 'virtual walls" that come with it do a very good job of confining it to the area you want to clean. Without them, it will invariably wander back to the back bedroom and die (battery low) in the back of the fartherest closet.

Never the less, for someone who likes clean floors and doesn't like to push a vacuum around the house, it's a great tool.

I had considered hiding it for a while and giving it to my wife for her birthday, but after only slight consideration..... I decided naaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Would've probably gone over like the
Mix Master did in 1967. Geeesh, she still talks about that one.

Pat

jgammon

Aug 14, 2005, 7:12 PM

Post #36 of 38 (1337 views)

Shortcut

When the issue is... should one bring one's vacuum cleaner to Mexico when one moves.... from this thread I am thinking vacuum cleaners must not be sold in Mexico... i.e., in particular... Gaudalajara?

Jeannie

esperanza

Aug 14, 2005, 8:50 PM

Post #37 of 38 (1327 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jgammon] can I get the Roomba at CostCo in GDL?

Of course they are. I was at Costco in Guadalajara on Monday and saw one for sale. Not the Roomba, but another one. I can't remember its name--maybe Koblenz, if that's a vacuum cleaner.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

1ajijic

Aug 15, 2005, 7:02 AM

Post #38 of 38 (1295 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] can I get the Roomba at CostCo in GDL?

Before we came down we bought the Consumer Reports top rated vacuum for our orientals. Our maid will only use it on direct orders and always sweeps after she vacuums. She always points out that she got more dirt out after the machine. I think she doesn't like the competition.While sitting in the lobby of the Verry de Mendoza in Morelia I noticed that the cleaning ladies first swept and then skimmed with a damp mop the orientals which are old, immense and in lovely shape
http://www.newbeginningsmexico.com
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4