Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

juditha16

Jul 7, 2005, 7:48 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2156 views)

Shortcut

Dental Work in Morelia

Can't Post | Private Reply
While hanging out in Morelia, waiting for my FM-3, I suddenly was faced with a dental emergency. A tooth that two Florida dentists told me could not be saved flared up, causing excruciating pain. I sought the help of a dentist in Morelia recommended by a friend, hoping that he would extract the tooth and alleviate the pain.

Well, the dentist believed the tooth could be saved, and sent me upstairs to his colleague, the endodontist (sp?) for a second opinion. The endodontist concurred. Three visits and a root canal later, my tooth is as good as new.
Thanks to a generous amount of novocaine, the procedure was painless. And so was the price. The whole thing (four visits, root canal, permanent crown) cost $300 US. The price quoted by my Florida dentist was $1600 (and I have dental insurance.)

I am totally pleased with this, my first Mexican dental experience. The offices were modern and professional. And not only did I save a bunch of money, but they also saved an important tooth that I thought was doomed.
Judith

Marta R

Jul 7, 2005, 11:17 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2123 views)

Shortcut

Re: [juditha16] Dental Work in Morelia

Judith, I know what you mean. My husband recently had extensive dental work done in Morelia -- two root canals and the replacement of a broken 5-tooth bridge with a new, comfortable, sturdy, and great-looking 7-tooth bridge. $120 each for the root canals (and no pain afterwards), $2100 for the bridge. World class service. You can't beat that with a stick.

Marta

VSOP

Jul 7, 2005, 11:54 AM

Post #3 of 7 (2111 views)

Shortcut

Judith & Marta,

Do you mind sharing the name(s) of the dentist(s) used? Thanks!

ellen

No hay rosas sin espinas . . .

Marta R

Jul 7, 2005, 1:13 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2095 views)

Shortcut

Re: [VSOP] Dental Work in Morelia

Dr. Luis Magaña, on Calle Fresno in Balcones de Santa Maria, Morelia. He works from his house (he's an art collector, so there's always something great to look at).

Marta

juditha16

Jul 8, 2005, 6:23 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2021 views)

Shortcut

Re: [VSOP] Dental Work in Morelia

All of the following dentists came highly recommended. I used the second ones on the list because this office was the first to answer the phone and I was in pain:-(

1. Gabriel Polit Alonso
Av. Acueducto 303-1
Tel: 443 312 6115
speaks English; postgrad in Japan; works on other dentists' teeth.

2. Baltazar Silva Angulo and Gerardo Hurtado Vingardi (endo.)
Mariano Arista 189
Chapultepec Oriente
Tel: 443-315 0386
limited English

3. Luis Magaña Aledo
Fresno #89
Balcones de Santa Maria
Tel: 443-323 5805
restorations and implants
speaks English
Judith

VSOP

Jul 11, 2005, 8:27 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1953 views)

Shortcut

Thanks, Marta & Judith, for the info.

No hay rosas sin espinas . . .

Ms_Powell

Jul 13, 2005, 8:58 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1919 views)

Shortcut

Guau! This is great. I just subscribed to Mexconnect, and in the first few moments, I have more than thirty bucks of useful info. Been looking for a new dentist.

Muchas gracias to all.
------------------

"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals." -- Benjamin Franklin.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4