Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

Sherrill

Jun 29, 2005, 6:58 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2003 views)

Shortcut

Tuxpan

Can't Post | Private Reply
Tuxpan? If memory serves we spent three days there en route to Yucatan. Is that where one can get in a small boat and cross the river to visit house where Fidel Castro planned his invasion of Cuba? And there is a wide beach out of town with lots of pine trees? Best part was tango dancing contest with all contestants over 60 in the Plaza. Nice place. Hope BRETT causes no damage.

(This post was edited by jennifer rose on Jun 29, 2005, 7:03 AM)

Ed and Fran

Jun 29, 2005, 8:09 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1990 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Sherrill] Tuxpan

Yup.

You're speaking of the Cuba-Mexico Friendship Museum in Santiago de la Peña, just across the river. They even used to have a replica of the boat Fidel and the boys made their trip in, the 'Granma'. But last time I looked it wasn't there anymore.

They still have that "Danzón" every weekend in the small park.

The center of Brett just passed by a couple of hours ago. Tons of rain since yesterday, tapering off a bit now. But I suspect we'll see more. Some gusts but nothing serious. We'll see how much local flooding we get as all the water runs down from the sierra. The wetlands in front of us are overflowing, something we don't usually see. The center of town flooded 5 years ago when the coast got that bad storm.

Excuse me, gotta run and clear the drain on the terraza again.............

Regards

Ed

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jun 30, 2005, 6:54 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1960 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ed and Fran] Tuxpan

¡Hola, amigo costeños! Water, water every where and it's almost up to my knee here in Xalapa! We are having downpours, too, and the downspout on our back room is stopped up causing daily flooding. Time to get the "albañil" to break up the cement and find out what is plugging up the *(/==!? thing! If you see something floating by you in Tuxpan, it is probably me headed out to sea from Xalapa!
¡Hasta pronto!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4