Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

M.J.

Jun 9, 2005, 7:56 AM

Post #1 of 4 (6189 views)

Shortcut

glitch in user profiles

Can't Post |
I see that quite a few people are having problems changing names and email addresses in their user profiles. Me too.

Looks like the glitch is in the fact that there are two user profiles offered: one under "Edit Profile" in the pulldown menu above; the second in the Welcome page that precedes this one: Account Information: Update Your Profile.

The two profiles don't seem to be talking to each other.

A programming fix appears to be in order.

bournemouth

Jun 9, 2005, 8:15 AM

Post #2 of 4 (6182 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Merrill] glitch in user profiles

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm having problems with changing my e-mail address too - the new address is in the profile but mail still keeps coming to my old address.

tonyburton

Jun 9, 2005, 8:17 AM

Post #3 of 4 (6182 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Merrill] glitch in user profiles

You're right! There ARE two distinct profiles.

The one under "Edit Profile" in the pulldown menu above is for the Forums side of Mexico Connect. Any changes you make will be reflected only in the way Forums are then viewed, or your Forum messages appear - this is where, for example, you can change your avatar, or the Forums for which you receive e-mail notifications, etc.

The one from the Welcome Page : Account Information: Update Your Profile allows to change certain information about yourself on the Main Database for subscribers. This allows you, for instance, to update the e-mail you have registered with the site for subscription purposes. We encourage you to keep this up-to-date since it is our first means of contact with you about subscription renewals, password replacements, etc.

Recognising that this is slightly complicated, we are actively looking for a way to simplify access, without losing any security or flexibility for users,

Tony (for David McL.)

bournemouth

Jun 9, 2005, 8:55 AM

Post #4 of 4 (6172 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Private reply sent (no further message)

Thanks for the help Tony - I followed the link from the first message in this thread and have made the appropriate change.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4