Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Southern Mexico

drlarsen

Jun 2, 2005, 7:38 PM

Post #1 of 2 (877 views)

Shortcut

Is there a real estate agent who handles Villadolid?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Any recommendations of who to see to locate property in Villadolid. I have emailed some of the Merida agents and they have no listings for Villadolid. Is there someone local who can help me see some properties there? Or do I just have to walk around, copy phone numbers from houses with a "Se Vende" sign on them and try to call the owner? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Denis

sfmacaws

Jun 2, 2005, 11:00 PM

Post #2 of 2 (871 views)

Shortcut

Re: [drlarsen] Is there a real estate agent who handles Villadolid?

Can't Post | Private Reply
You really should start spelling the name of the town right if you intend to live there. I'm not hassling you but it is confusing, the correct spelling is Valladolid - note the first A. It sounds very different the way you spell it and may not catch the eye of someone who can help you.

I haven't seen anyone on here that lives in Valladolid or nearby, the closest would be Mérida. I have a condo in Akumal a few hours away and have been in Valladolid many times but never considered living there so never checked real estate. My guess is that you will need to go there and do as you said, walk around and look for signs and talk to people in areas you like. Most places would be for sale for the right price but to get a reasonable price you will need to put yourself out there and let people tell you who to talk to. Renting there would be a very good idea, have you spent much time there? Have you been there in the rainy season? It would be good to experience this before buying.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Jonna - Mérida, Yucatán

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4