Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Bubba

May 27, 2005, 10:43 AM

Post #1 of 19 (3212 views)

Shortcut

Godawlmighty

Can't Post | Private Reply
What the hell happened to this forum. What's next? Guidelines as to the necessity of periodic refrigerator cleansing - methods, cleansers and timing?

I know everybody in Ajijic is really, really old but did we have some sort of collective stroke? Maybe it's over, I'm in purgatory and this is my punishment.

(This post was edited by Bubba on May 27, 2005, 10:58 AM)

johanson

May 27, 2005, 11:01 AM

Post #2 of 19 (3188 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] Godawlmighty

It's because it's so hot down there, Bubba. Come the rainy season, and cooler weather, there will be more posts.

Papirex

May 27, 2005, 12:28 PM

Post #3 of 19 (3162 views)

Shortcut

The methods and frequency of refrigerator cleaning are thoroughly covered by Mexican Federal law. You will need to hire 2 lawyers and pay an average of three bribes per year to keep you refri legal though.

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Bubba

May 27, 2005, 12:37 PM

Post #4 of 19 (3155 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RexC] Godawlmighty

OK, "cleaning" already.

Texwheel

May 27, 2005, 3:40 PM

Post #5 of 19 (3108 views)

Shortcut

Pete and Bubba,

I don't know what you two are talking about. I monitor the entire forum, and a year ago 2 - 3 days would be maybe 30 - 40 posts. Now that's a half day, or even more than that. I'm amazed! I don't know if this is due to more members or members being more active. I can tell you, that on the one other Mexico related forum I participate in, I refer all to sign up with MexConnect. If they don't, it's their loss.

Tom.
Tom Williams
Georgetown, Texas
Texwheel@aol.com

Uncle Jack

May 28, 2005, 6:33 AM

Post #6 of 19 (3035 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Texwheel] Godawlmighty

on the one other Mexico related forum I participate in, I refer all to sign up with MexConnect.

Easy, there, Tex! Poster rustlin can get ya in heap of trouble down here.

uj

Texwheel

May 28, 2005, 6:38 AM

Post #7 of 19 (3032 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Uncle Jack] Godawlmighty

Actually, the other forum is a free one, and there's a troller there I'd like to see on this forum. I don't think he'd last long!
Tom Williams
Georgetown, Texas
Texwheel@aol.com

sandykayak

Jun 3, 2005, 10:09 AM

Post #8 of 19 (2817 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Godawlmighty

HALLELUJAH!!! the dorky photo is gone and we now get to see the handsome Pete. (Is this the one Kip took?)
Sandy Kramer
Miami, Fla & El Parque

Kip

Jun 3, 2005, 1:40 PM

Post #9 of 19 (2768 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sandykayak] Godawlmighty

Yup, I took a picture of everyone at Mario's that day. I've been nagging Pete to get rid of that "Grampa" photo for a looooong time!!
kip

johanson

Jun 3, 2005, 4:10 PM

Post #10 of 19 (2730 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kip] Godawlmighty

My old picture looked good to me. But I was told that us guys don't care that much about how we look. Me, I guess I just don't have very good taste, because the old picture looked fine to me.

But some of you folks were giving me such a bad time for so long a time that I gave in and changed the picture.

Thanks for prodding me Kip and others, I guess it was a good idea. Please understand that I really have blond hair. I am using Grecian Gray Formula 5 to look older.

(This post was edited by johanson on Jun 3, 2005, 4:14 PM)

Kip

Jun 3, 2005, 4:34 PM

Post #11 of 19 (2721 views)

Shortcut

You crafty devil!
kip

bdudge

Jun 3, 2005, 6:54 PM

Post #12 of 19 (2681 views)

Shortcut

Oh, my gosh...can't believe it's the same guy! Handsome and charming...charming we know by the posts, now we've got the photo.

This forum is so much fun to keep up with. Interesting, funny, and lots of "character". (Bubba, are you listening?) Sandy, I'm still here...lots of glitches to deal with, but one one these days it will happen and I'll get to meet a bunch of you!
Barbara

Georgia

Jun 4, 2005, 12:07 PM

Post #13 of 19 (2593 views)

Shortcut

Pete, you look 15 years younger in this photo. Bravo!

Jerry@Ajijic

Jun 4, 2005, 5:05 PM

Post #14 of 19 (2546 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Georgia] Godawlmighty

Actually that is a photo of his grandson.

sandykayak

Jun 6, 2005, 9:36 AM

Post #15 of 19 (2409 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bdudge] Godawlmighty

and how nice to see a pic of barbara d.!!! some of us have always posted our pictures but kudos to palomares who got others to succumb.
Sandy Kramer
Miami, Fla & El Parque

johanson

Jun 6, 2005, 10:03 AM

Post #16 of 19 (2397 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sandykayak] Godawlmighty

Thank you Barb. Now if we could get a few other of the shy ones to post their pictures. I bet it would decrease some of the evil posts and it could start interesting conversations on the street when we encounter others we recognize.

jaybear

Jun 6, 2005, 11:06 AM

Post #17 of 19 (2375 views)

Shortcut

Well, duh, my lack of a photo is just because I am concerned that my great physical beauty will attract too many posters to this group who are only interested in superficial attibutes.

Plus, I haven't taken the time to figure out how to save a photo in few enough pixels to meet the file requirements for attachments.

Some of the above you can believe.

And all I have to say about the new photos is that (1) they have a life of their own and attach themselves to archived messages, making it look as though you looked the same way in 2002 that you do now; and (2) I liked Johanson's grandfatherly quality in his previous photo--it added to his great credibility.
"Don't believe everything you think" - Maxine

JayBear

Gringal

Jun 6, 2005, 11:36 AM

Post #18 of 19 (2361 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jaybear] Godawlmighty

" I liked Johanson's grandfatherly quality in his previous photo--it added to his great credibility. "
....and therein lies the rub. The beauty of no-photo posting is that we are deprived of the assumptions we make about what people are like, based on their appearance. This forces us to work a little harder in forming our opinions of them. I think this is a good thing. Would your reactions to my postings be different if you saw a picture of a portly black great-grandmother or of a cute skinny blonde in her forties? A few of the men have posted pictures that would make any woman still alive take a second look and perhaps even forgive some of their outrageous opinions. Hmmmm. Or maybe not. There are limits.

bdudge

Jun 6, 2005, 7:33 PM

Post #19 of 19 (2288 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jaybear] Godawlmighty

For us less-literates, I finally found the answer. Just cut the original photo down until it finally makes a small enough copy to paste in. Kind of like doing it the old fashioned way, but it worked. I sure couldn't get it shrunk on the computer. I'm learning my limitations. I just don't have a sequential mind...I'm a right-brainer. Or maybe ditz is a better word. But I love checking in and listening to you all. Some very articulate, and funny, posters. Have you found renters? I don't know if I can get down there before Nov. Hope you have, sounds like having a housesitter is a good idea.
Barbara

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4