Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Anonimo

May 22, 2005, 6:36 AM

Post #1 of 10 (2612 views)

Shortcut

Courtyard by Marriott, Laredo, Texas

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anybody here ever stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Laredo, Texas? WE like Courtyard hotels, in general.
I'm especially interested if they have secured parking. (We'd be hauling all our household goods)

Saludos,
Anonimo

daniel27

May 22, 2005, 11:16 AM

Post #2 of 10 (2585 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Courtyard by Marriott, Laredo, Texas

Stayed there 4 years ago also with a car stuffed to the limits. Parking is not secure but all was ok.
They say they have a security cam. Parking in the US IS NEVER AS SECURE AS IN MEXICO.

Dan

Anonimo

May 22, 2005, 1:42 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2567 views)

Shortcut

Re: [daniel27] Courtyard by Marriott, Laredo, Texas

Thank you, Daniel.
As I suspected.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Kip

May 22, 2005, 7:16 PM

Post #4 of 10 (2544 views)

Shortcut

Interesting comment ..though I can't say I go along with it.
kip

daniel27

May 23, 2005, 6:55 AM

Post #5 of 10 (2516 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kip] Courtyard by Marriott, Laredo, Texas

Kip
Letme rephrase that comment.
Most of the hotels I have stayed in have had secure parking, be it underground garage or a fenced in area ususally wth a guard.
In the US most hotels such as Courtyards Etc.parking lots are open.

Dan

Kip

May 23, 2005, 7:05 AM

Post #6 of 10 (2511 views)

Shortcut

I think that security becomes a necessity..when and where it is needed. Just like I don't usually feel safer in a neighborhood when I see they have bars on every window.

Kip
kip

Cynthia7

May 23, 2005, 3:57 PM

Post #7 of 10 (2468 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Courtyard by Marriott, Laredo, Texas

There are several new lovely hotels and motels in Nuevo Laredo with secure parking. Look in your search for hotels in Nuevo Laredo....We stay in Laredo at Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn -( love FI beds) and have never had a problem.

Anonimo

May 24, 2005, 6:32 AM

Post #8 of 10 (2428 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Cynthia7] Courtyard by Marriott, Laredo, Texas

Cynthia7, Fairfield Inns are "sister" hotels to Courtyards, but usually somewhat less expensive. One would think that the security measures, if anything, would be equal or lesser to the Courtyards in the same area. But as we found out on a recent visit to New Haven, CT, not all are equal. We inspected a Residence Inn (higher category), but it had poor security. ("A security guard in the parking lot after 10 PM until 6 AM") And, all the accesses to the rooms were external, unlike almost very Courtyard where we've stayed, where you need a key card to get into the building, or enter by the front desk.
But, mostly, I'm just interested in having our parked vehicles closely watched and secure.
Also, we need to stayover in Laredo, TEXAS, for an early morning border crossing.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Carron

May 24, 2005, 9:01 AM

Post #9 of 10 (2411 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kip] Courtyard by Marriott, Laredo, Texas

I can assure you that my Mexican friends and relations would say the burglar bars are there to keep their daughters in and their suitors out. Never there to indicate the presence of thiefs other than the most amorous kind!!!

Kip

May 24, 2005, 9:56 AM

Post #10 of 10 (2404 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carron] Courtyard by Marriott, Laredo, Texas

Ah ha! That's reassuring...unless, of course, you happen to have a teenaged daughter!

Kip
kip

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4