Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

Anonimo

May 2, 2005, 2:49 PM

Post #1 of 5 (9844 views)

Shortcut

Why do the type fonts vary?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but occasionally there are some posts or replies that have a difficult to read font. Why is that, and why can't there be a uniform font for all posts, a la Lonelyplanet.com Thorntree?

Mil gracias

Saludos,
Anonimo

jennifer rose

May 2, 2005, 3:04 PM

Post #2 of 5 (9841 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Why do the type fonts vary?

Can't Post |
People can change fonts, styles, sizes, and colors to make their posts look like ransom notes, because they can. Either by using the options in the tool bar above the posting area or by writing a post on a wordprocessor and pasting it in. Some might claim this as a sign of creativity, and others as a sign of having too much time on one's hands. Still others might regard font style as a matter of, well, style.

I'd suggest you not lose sleep over this matter, Anonimo. There are more important issues than fretting over fontstyles and serifs. Personally, I'm a Times New Roman or Garamond person. I find the default font difficult to read, but then I like serifs.

Anonimo

May 2, 2005, 4:17 PM

Post #3 of 5 (9831 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] Why do the type fonts vary?

I will lose no sleep over this, but it sure makes it hard to read stuff sometimes.
Thanks a mil, Jennifer.

Saludos,
Anonimo

jennifer rose

May 2, 2005, 5:01 PM

Post #4 of 5 (9824 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Why do the type fonts vary?

Can't Post |
And even worse is when they write in white.
(Left-click and hold your mouse while blocking out the the above to read the secret message.)

Let's just say that MexicoConnect gives its folks more options than the rest of the pack.

Rolly

May 2, 2005, 5:04 PM

Post #5 of 5 (9822 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jennifer rose] Why do the type fonts vary?

I can think of several posters who should be encouraged to write in white!

Rolly Pirate

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4