Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

Marta R

Apr 29, 2005, 11:25 AM

Post #1 of 2 (4866 views)

Shortcut

date markers?

Can't Post | Private Reply
The discussion about searching and the ease or difficulty of finding things in the Forum reminded me to ask about this: Is there some way of finding out what the posting date was of articles linked through the home page? For example, I'm interested in hotels in Guadalajara and by searching found this excellent page: http://www.mexconnected.com/...jara/hotelsguad.html but can't tell how up-to-date the information is -- for example, I note that no email addresses are listed.

Any advice?

Marta

tonyburton

Apr 29, 2005, 12:12 PM

Post #2 of 2 (4859 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chrisnmarta] date markers?

Can't Post | Private Reply
No, unfortunately, in the case of most articles, there is no easy way for you to know the date they were written or added to the site. Some articles and regular columns do have dates attached, but many other articles do not. I think having dates on new pages is something we should be trying to do, so thanks for the reminder, and keep the suggestions coming.
Anyone using the "Search Posts" function to find Forum postings will find that all posts do have dates attached, but that older posts (imported a few years ago into the present Forum structure) all share an identical (and inaccurate) early twentieth century date. Like all older postings, they are gradually being purged as being irrelevant.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4