Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Apr 15, 2005, 9:13 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2346 views)

Shortcut

Xalapa happenings!

Can't Post | Private Reply
As usual, Xalapa is hopping with cultural activities. Tonight, Friday, there was an inauguration of a new mural in the entrance way of the Patio Muñoz, as well as an exhibition of danzon. Just down the street at the Tierra Luna restaurant there was a show featuring tango. The OSX(Orquesta Sinfónica de Xalapa) gave a concert. At Caftanrojo there was a political spoof play as well as live music at the Casona del Beaterio restaurant. Don't want to forget the film festival at the Agora or the scultures of Sebastian in the Parque Juárez. My guests just told me there was an all women mariachi band at Bekar's Bar which was incredible. I guess I could keep going on and on, but what I will try to do is what Jennifer Rose has been doing on the Michoacan forum...give a constant flow of information what is happing here. Wish all you "costeños" could be here enjoying the cool weather "chipi-chipi" and eating the chicken "tapiste" made by Doña Angela, mother of Ramon Gutierrez, maker and musician of "jaranas" and "son".
BTW, those of you who wish to share pictures in real time, I just came accross this fantastic program... http://www.hello.com/ ¡¡¡Gratis!!!
Shall we share some of those special pictures of "El Golfo de México"?
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

(This post was edited by "El Gringo Jalapeño" on Apr 15, 2005, 9:26 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4