Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Practice & Help Forum

Esteban

Mar 30, 2005, 11:28 AM

Post #1 of 5 (8031 views)

Shortcut

Email question

Can't Post | Private Reply
With Mexconnects email system, will the trash be emptied automatically or do I have to delete all of them so as not to take up space. I'm hoping it will be done automatically because of the massive amount of spam I am getting.

Thanks,
Esteban

Papirex

Mar 30, 2005, 11:58 AM

Post #2 of 5 (8025 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Esteban] Email question

I too started getting massive amounts of spam in my Mexconnect mail a month or more ago. I use MS Office, the Outlook mail client has pretty good filters, so most of it goes right into the deleted items folder. I open it, and just skim through it before deleting it all.

I have changed my default Email from Mexconnect to Hotmail. About all I get in my Mexconnect account lately is spam.

Iíve been getting 3 or 4 spam mails per hour for the last month or more. I just checked my Mexconnect account directly, and there are 100 unread spam Emails in it. The oldest one was sent on the 19th of this month. Thatís 100 spams in 11 days. Maybe David has more info, but since there are only 100 spams in there, and I know I have received many more than that in the last few weeks, I think they must be automatically deleted at some point.

The way the spam spigot just seemed to suddenly start, reminds me of the same problem Many people had with spam in their Mexconnect accounts when paid registration was first started. For that reason, I removed my Email address from my profile at that time. David fixed it then, Iím wondering if someone has managed to access our Mexconnect addresses again? I have never used it for any registrations, etc.

Anyone else getting an unusually large amount of spam lately?

Rex
"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved" - Victor Hugo

Esteban

Mar 30, 2005, 12:59 PM

Post #3 of 5 (8021 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RexC] Email question

I have several other email addresses. What I'd like to know is this: DOES MEXCONNECT AUTOMATICALLY DELETETE THE TRASH?

Thanks,
Esteban

Rolly

Mar 30, 2005, 1:33 PM

Post #4 of 5 (8015 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Esteban] Email question

No, Amigo, it is not automatic. You must clean house yourself. I had a problem recently when I let too much pile up. I over used my memory alloment and my e-mail service stopped.

Rolly Pirate

Esteban

Mar 30, 2005, 1:38 PM

Post #5 of 5 (8011 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Email question

I was afraid of that. I think a recommendation is in order for the postmaster to write in some code that will auto delete the trash. It would make things a lot easier. Thanks for the info Rolly.

Adios,
Esteban

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4