Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Home Exchange/Rent/Sale

DavidMcL / Moderator

Mar 25, 2005, 1:39 PM

Post #1 of 11 (23064 views)

Shortcut

Welcome! - and posting parameters.

Can't Post | Private Reply
After some deliberation, I have decided that a Forum such as this for the readers of MexConnect is a valid entity.
So.
Please take advantage of this opportunity to both seek and offer home exchanges, rentals or sale of your homes here in Mexico and elsewhere.

For commercial posters - (Real Estate firms etc.), as long as you use discretion and do not over-post your listings, there is no problem in posting here - as long as you are registered AND identify yourself as an agent. It is expected that you will identify your own listings webpage rather than overload the forum with listings.

All for sale and for rent listings must be within Mexico.

Home exchanges - both offered and sought - one of the homes must be in Mexico.

This forum also allows two attachments so that you can upload two images.

To avoid stale listings, initial postings over 7 months old will be pruned.

Suggestions welcomed.

To all those whose comments I received - thank-you.

Suerte

David
David McL
WebJefe

(This post was edited by DavidMcL on Apr 10, 2009, 8:33 PM)

wolcotag

Mar 27, 2005, 1:58 PM

Post #2 of 11 (22952 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Welcome!

Fantastic idea. I Am visiting in Ajijic and have found the realtors here anything but friendly or helpful. Guess if you want their help and attention you have to pull up in a Mercedes wearing the crown jewels.

Thanks

johanson

Mar 27, 2005, 2:37 PM

Post #3 of 11 (22950 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wolcotag] Welcome!

Typically the realtors here try to work smart. Too often folks looking for houses really are more interested in looking around than making a purchase. I'm guessing that for some reason they determined you were a looky-lue not someone who might be interested in making a purchase. I promise you if they thought that they could make a buck from you that they would have been falling all over you.

Please do not take the above as an attack on you, because I am sure you are an interested potential buyer. However, for some reason, the agents didn't think so.

MARIA CUERVA

Mar 30, 2005, 11:38 AM

Post #4 of 11 (22898 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Welcome!

Dear David, in your listing you said homes in Mexico and elsewhere. PLease review your own statement. I am not a realtor. I want to move to SMA and can not do so without selling my homes in Santa Fe ,NM. I am trying to sell my homes myself so that I am not ripped off by a realtor to the tune of $60,000 dollars. I need all the dollars I can get to be able to invest in SMA. This is a life change not simple lucre greed.

johanson

Mar 30, 2005, 1:34 PM

Post #5 of 11 (22888 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cuerva] Welcome!

Cuerva: I do not speak for David, but all David is trying to do is figure out what direction to go. He is not debating with you or finding you at fault. He has opened up a new forum and is simply trying to shape and improve it. He is asking us in what direction we, the posters, think he should go.

There was nothing wrong with your post. However, in the future, I hope that he will fine tune his rules to only allow property from Mexico to be shown.

DavidMcL / Moderator

Mar 30, 2005, 6:26 PM

Post #6 of 11 (22865 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cuerva] Welcome!

Hola!

Not to worry. Even if the rules are changed, you are in before and thus I would let yours stay. In fact I thank-you for the posting. It made me realize that this subject of inclusion/exclusion is something that needed to be explored.

Suerte!

David
David McL
WebJefe

Nancy4

Sep 11, 2005, 4:56 PM

Post #7 of 11 (22517 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Welcome! - and posting parameters.

Thank you, David McL. I just bought a condo on the Acapulco Diamante and it will be nice to be able to have an audience as fine as this one to offer a vacation, etc. in a beautiful location...if you lik the ocean and Mexican neighbos. Gracias.

cdubee

Dec 25, 2006, 7:34 AM

Post #8 of 11 (22029 views)

Shortcut

Hello. So, let's say I wanted to offer my house in Sonoma County, California and the use of my car for two weeks in exhange for the use of something similar in Lakeside. Would this be the right forum? Christine

tonyburton

Dec 25, 2006, 8:17 AM

Post #9 of 11 (22024 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cdubee] Welcome! - and posting parameters.

As David might say, "yuppers!" (Yes)

wynco

Feb 3, 2008, 8:34 AM

Post #10 of 11 (21744 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Nancy4] Welcome! - and posting parameters.

Hi NaNCY , my daughter also just moved to Acapulco with her children. Anychance of someone organising a get together or meeting of members of Mex Connect to get to know each other in the area?? Wynco

T

May 14, 2011, 4:04 PM

Post #11 of 11 (11147 views)

Shortcut

David, great idea, but it has not worked. Zero to three responses on the first page. May I suggest that you need to do this topic for each geographical area on your webboard. I do not know of anyone who has had success in any real estate transaction using the all-inclusive of Mexico topic. All encompassing is not working. Hope you revise and break this topic down and include it in all geographical areas of the board. Otherwise this topic is useless and not successsful as has been proven by the almost total lack of responses. This is clearly a "dead thread", but it was a nice try. Please revise and let us move onward and upward. Thanks, T

(This post was edited by T on May 14, 2011, 4:18 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4