Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Carol Schmidt

Mar 18, 2005, 8:53 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3656 views)

Shortcut

Dunkin' Donuts partners with Dolphy's in Jardin

Can't Post | Private Reply
This arrival could be, pick one, depending on which blind man's vantage point you have of the elephant that is SMA and development: 1) the end of civilization as we know it; 2) inevitable further deterioration of Mexicans' health and more obesity; 3) a horrible temptation to your personal deterioration of health and more obesity; 4) a delicious alternative for those who appreciate and can handle junk food in moderation; 5) an economic opportunity for some smart investor who now has a chance to make money off of poor slobs addicted to grease and sugar and gringo tourists thrilled to see something they recognize; or 6) your choice.

Since it's smack in the center of the historic district, it has to be inconspicuous, and it's with an ice cream store, which is hardly more healthy than donuts. I don't think it will have much effect, unless you're of the camel's nose under the tent orientation. I don't plan to buy any donuts, though I do like Dolphy's water-based paletas (frozen fruit bars) that are only 100 calories. We have plenty of Mexican-owned bakeries around, and many have donuts already.

I see Dunkin' Donuts stores many places in Mexico, particularly tempting at the Leon airport. I go in for a quick cup of coffee while I'm waiting and... Did I read someplace that Dolphy's is connected with Baskin Robbins anyway? I think Dunkin' Donuts is.

Or maybe it's the end of civilization as we know it.

(I checked later--Baskin Robbins, Dunkin' Donuts and Togo's sandwich shops are all connected and often have two stores together in one franchise. Dunkin' Donuts already has 1,600+ stores outside the U.S. and Canada, and Baskin Robbins had 70 stores in Mexico when last the website was updated. The actual Dunkin' Donuts display inside Dolphy's, on one corner of the Jardin, is not visible from the street, no outside sign, only a display case about 2 feet deep, four feet wide, six feet high, at the rear far wall inside Dolphy's. The franchise site said that ice cream stores and Dunkin' Donuts stores were a natural match since they increase the number of people who come in at different times of the day. There were also a Dunkin' Donut coffee machine, coffee bean grinder, hot chocolate maker, and paper containers visible inside Dolphy's, but it was still pretty inconspicuous unless you looked for it inside the store. Only a few gringos sound hysterical about the encroachment, warning that McDonald's golden arches in the Jardin are next. I figure the Domino's, Baskin Robbins, and Blockbuster stores on the outskirts of town were there before most of the current gringos arrived, and the influx of gringos has had more effect than they have, so which one of us wants to leave first?)

Carol Schmidt

(This post was edited by Carol Schmidt on Mar 19, 2005, 4:18 PM)

dunkindonuts

Jun 23, 2012, 12:33 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3386 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carol Schmidt] Dunkin' Donuts partners with Dolphy's in Jardin

Hi I am new to this forum and I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of. I have a good news, you can Get online and printable dunkin donuts coupons, offers and discounts. Dunkin donut coffee coupons, donut coupons and more. Have a look to the below website :)
(www.getdunkindonutscoupons.com)

AlanMexicali

Jun 24, 2012, 8:41 AM

Post #3 of 4 (3318 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Carol Schmidt] Dunkin' Donuts partners with Dolphy's in Jardin

Finally fresh donas in SMA anytime of the day or evening. I have gotten tired of stale donas unless I get them very early in the morning at most panaderias. Thanks for the info. Next time we are in SMA I will look out for the place if we want a coffee and dona. I hope they decide to open one in San Luis Potosi one day.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jun 24, 2012, 8:42 AM)

Anonimo

Jun 25, 2012, 2:10 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3250 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dunkindonuts] Dunkin' Donuts partners with Dolphy's in Jardin

Will there be SPAMwiches, too?

Saludos,
Anonimo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4