Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

belisq

Mar 4, 2005, 10:12 PM

Post #1 of 5 (857 views)

Shortcut

Guadalajara to SMA Bus Info Needed

Can't Post | Private Reply
Our April trip is almost here and we are flying into Guadalajara and need to take a bus to SMA. We've heard ETN and Primera Plus are the two lines, however at their sites I've not been able to figure out where in Guadalajara they are located and have read that their bus terminals can be quite difficult (especially for me w/ minimal Spanish skills.) We were also told we had to purchase tickets in advance but don't see anything on their site that allows this. And hoping someone out there and done this route as we would greatly appreciate any insight you can provide! Thank you!

Carol Schmidt

Mar 5, 2005, 9:50 PM

Post #2 of 5 (830 views)

Shortcut

Re: [belisq] Guadalajara to SMA Bus Info Needed

I see that you've gotten some answers to this question over at the Travel Mexico forum.

I looked up bus stations in Lonely Planet Mexico and found that there are "two bus stations in Guadalajara, but one is long distance, Nueva Central Camionera. It's 9 km southeast of the Guadalajara city center, past Tlaquepaque."

The "huge modern terminal" has seven buildings called modulos (modules) or salas (waiting rooms), and each has ticket desks for a number of bus lines. The info Lonely Planet gives on the connection to San Miguel says that it's 380 km, 6 hours, with one Primera Plus direct at 1 pm (it was $29 US in 2002, leaving from Modulo 1) and one Ominibus de Mexico direct at 5.30 pm (US $29, from Modulo 2).

Deluxe ETN buses at higher fares leave from Modulo 2.

Hope this helps,

Carol Schmidt

gpk

Mar 7, 2005, 3:10 PM

Post #3 of 5 (795 views)

Shortcut

Here are the web sites for ETN and Primera Plus:

http://www.etn.com.mx/

http://www.primeraplus.com.mx/iata/

Both were working today. You might need a little Spanish to navigate them, but it is pretty simple. Both busses leave from the bus terminal in Tonala, all taxis can find the terminal. ETN is FAR FAR better, in my opinion.

belisq

Mar 7, 2005, 5:21 PM

Post #4 of 5 (788 views)

Shortcut

Re: [gpk] Guadalajara to SMA Bus Info Needed

Thanks for your reply. We were hoping to catch the 8:45AM ETN bus to SMA, but we don't arrive at the airport til 6:11AM and going thru customs, plus the taxi, doubt we will make it. I've yet to be able to get the Primera Plus site to work. Can get the homepage and nothing else...no time schedules, nothing...so not sure what their schedule is like. Liane

esperanza

Mar 7, 2005, 5:34 PM

Post #5 of 5 (786 views)

Shortcut

OK, I called Primera Plus for you.

There are two buses every day. One leaves Tonalá at 1:00 PM and the other leaves at 3:15 PM. The trip to SMA is approximately 5 hours. The cost per ticket is 320 pesos per adult.

We aim to please.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4