Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

NJ2VER

Mar 2, 2005, 7:34 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3172 views)

Shortcut

Property Taxes

Can't Post | Private Reply
What are property taxes like in Xalapa, or in the port? Say for a $300,000 (USD) house. Here in my part of snowy NJ its aproaching $8,000. And thats for a townhouse.

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Mar 4, 2005, 1:04 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3137 views)

Shortcut

Re: [NJ2VER] Property Taxes

There are a lot of factors to consider what the property tax is here in Xalapa, especially location. But I would say a home worth US$300K in the Fraccionamiento Las Animas would have a tax around US$1,000-$2,000 annual. This is a "residencia"(3-4 bedroom house, yard, etc).
Mexicans are very adiment about not paying high property taxes.
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

NJ2VER

Mar 5, 2005, 4:18 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3119 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Property Taxes

Wow, thats interesting. They must make up the tax revenue with oil, and I understand they hit you really hard when you buy a car. I'm not quite ready yet to make a break for it, but I was just watching Romancing the Stone and salivating.

roni_smith

Apr 16, 2005, 12:52 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3039 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] Property Taxes

$1000 to $2000 US. That is what I pay in and unincorporated part of Clackamas County, 10 miles south of dowtown Portland on a 200k house.

I have read of taxes of < $200 USD in the Yucatan. Are these state taxes, or local?

Ron
------
Planning for Mexico Move Blog

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Apr 16, 2005, 3:04 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3028 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roni_smith] Property Taxes

Ron:
You are right about low taxes on old homes in the downtown areas of many Mexico cities, or in more rural areas. A lot depends on the age and location of a house or building, obviously taxes are much higher in an upscale "fraccionamiento".
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4