Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

jdeciucies

Jan 25, 2005, 2:54 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2631 views)

Shortcut

climate advisory...

Can't Post | Private Reply
Would truly appreciate some input... my Mexican wife has described the climate around Xalapa as "... mushrooms growing on top of mushrooms"... in reference to the drizzle and high humidity... is the Cordoba/Orizaba/Fortin de los Flores area fit into the same category... wetter, drier, cooler, warmer? Would truly appreciate the advice... we are planning a month-long drive in search of the perfect pueblito... thanks in advance... james

"El Gringo Jalapeño"

Jan 26, 2005, 9:52 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2608 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jdeciucies] climate advisory...

Xalapa is definitely humid, but unfortunately the climate has changed a great deal in the last 32 years that I have been here. From over 300 rainy days a year in the 1970's the climate has changed to only over 200 rainy days in the recent years. Guess you can blame global warming or what ever! Today is incredibly beautiful, like a warm spring afternoon. How long it will last, who knows? But I love it here after talking to the Northeners and Canadians who are at -42 C!
Roy B. Dudley "El Gringo Jalapeño" See more about Xalapa at www.xalaparoy.com

Ed and Fran

Jan 26, 2005, 11:35 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2599 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] climate advisory...

As usual, it's a tad bit warmer down the hill in Tuxpan. Probably mid-80's, partly cloudy, and a bit on the humid side.

It was a nice morning to be out on the golf course.

Regards

E&F

jdeciucies

Jan 26, 2005, 12:39 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2594 views)

Shortcut

Re: ["El Gringo Jalapeño"] climate advisory...

Roy: since you've been around the longest I know of in the area... any difference at all in the climate for Fortin and Cordoba... drier, wetter, cooler, warmer? I know Orizaba's a bit cooler, bit drier... really would appreciate any info, opinions... thanks in advance...

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4