Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Gulf of Mexico

guerra1942

Jan 5, 2005, 8:43 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1965 views)

Shortcut

tampico hotels

Can't Post | Private Reply
i will be arriving in tampico in the middle of march by plane and will be traveling on by bus to tamuin. since i dont get in until about midnight, i need a hotel thats reasonably priced and easy to get to for a few hours. anybody have any suggestions? thanx, toni

Ed and Fran

Jan 5, 2005, 10:19 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1955 views)

Shortcut

Re: [guerra1942] tampico hotels

Since there's nothing you can walk to from the airport, you'll be taking a taxi to whatever hotel you choose. In that way they're all relatively the same in regards to "easy to get to", just a few minutes more to downtown.

I'm not sure what you consider reasonable, but I'll throw out a few ideas. We need Adrian, 'Our man in Tampico', to give us some more up to date info.

1. The standard hotel between the airport and the bus terminal would the Posada de Tampico. It was getting a bit up in price, but when we passed by at Thanksgiving they were advertising a special for (iirc) around $75.

2. There's a very nice Fiesta Inn, a couple of years old, a few blocks beyond the Posada. But they're probably asking around $100. You might check their website.

3. Near the bus station you might want to consider the Hotel Casa Blanca (might be 'Posada'). I've never stayed in the hotel, but the restaurant it is associated with is my favorite in Tampico. The hotel was out of use for a number of years but was remodeled a few years ago. Not big and fancy.

4. Lots of moderately priced hotels down in the center of town. This is probably only another 5-10 minutes by cab beyond the bus terminal. Lately we have been staying at the Hotel Monte Carlo. We find it to be a nice mid-range hotel. Rates are probably around $50, and include an excellent buffet breakfast.

Hope this helps,

E&F

Adrian

Jan 12, 2005, 4:54 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1922 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ed and Fran] tampico hotels

'Our Man In Tampico' says:

I can't really add to what Ed has given. The two big hotels in downtown are the Best Western Hotel Inglaterra (in Plaza de Armas) and the 5 star Mansion Real on Calle Cristobal Colon.

Mi suegro (who handles the private flights at the airport) reccommends either the Posada or the Fiesta - both are close by and good places.

Incidentally, are you arriving on a private flight? The last scheduled arrival of the day at TAM is the Continental Express service from Houston - gets in at 22.00.

Adrian

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4