First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Bubba

Dec 16, 2004, 9:31 PM

Post #26 of 35 (1515 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Where can I buy wasabi?

| Private Reply
Pete:

The old fashioned crunchy peanut butter with no sugar or other additives except salt is carried at Super Lake. I have been buying it there for over three years. Good stuff. But that sparkling wine you call Champaign should be shot.

johanson

Dec 16, 2004, 10:07 PM

Post #27 of 35 (1511 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Bubba] Where can I buy wasabi?

| Private Reply
The trouble is I really do like Andres. I've actually driven back from Texas with cases of Andres in the back of the SUV. So much for really bad taste. At least the cost is right.

I'm going tomorrow to buy some expensive tequila and rum to take back to the states with me for my relatives for Christmas. And you guessed it, I will pick up some more Andres for me.

No I wont take any Andres back to the states. I can get that there on sale for about $3.58 per bottle.

Thanks for the tip on peanut butter. Somehow I missed the fact that one could get high quality crunchy peanut butter without sugar added lakeside.

Howard Botz

Dec 17, 2004, 5:38 PM

Post #28 of 35 (1480 views)

Shortcut

WalMart too?

| Private Reply
I have heard two rumors that we will soon be getting a WalMart in Ajijic. A few weeks ago I was told that WalMart was going to build a store on the property at the libramiento where the chili cookoff is held. Everyone says that property is not big enough for a WalMart. Incidentally the property is being cleared for something. At the Nueva Posada for lunch on Wednesday I was told by a friend that the water park is out of business and that WalMart will be building on that property. She was certain in her information. With all the excitement over Soriana I thought I would just mention these unverified rumors. I for one hope we never see a WalMart closer then Guadalajara.
Howard in Ajijic

Jerry@Ajijic

Dec 17, 2004, 6:27 PM

Post #29 of 35 (1473 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Howard Botz] WalMart too?

| Private Reply
I am sure that the cookoff site is not going to be a Wal-Mart.

esperanza

Dec 17, 2004, 6:43 PM

Post #30 of 35 (1469 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Howard Botz] WalMart too?

| Private Reply
All of my Mexican friends in Ajijic and many friends who are foreigners have mentioned the Wal-Mart possibility on the site of the property across from Flor Exótica (the 'chili cookoff' site). The guys who pump gas at the Pemex just a few meters up the road are certain that a Wal-Mart is going in over there.

The idea of the Tobolandia site (the waterpark) is a new one.

The bottom line is: if you build it, they will come. Let's wait and see what happens.

Oh, and Howie? There's already a Wal-Mart closer than Guadalajara. It's in Tlajomulco, on the road leading from Jocotepec to Guadalajara.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

(This post was edited by esperanza on Dec 17, 2004, 6:44 PM)

johanson

Dec 17, 2004, 6:46 PM

Post #31 of 35 (1467 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Jerry@Ajijic] WalMart too?

| Private Reply
An employee of the owner of the property where the chili cook-off is, said she was not aware that the owner had sold to Wal*Mart. She laughed and suggested that we expatriates are always getting things wrong. She said that with a smile.

And you know she has a point. The false rumors that spread here lakeside amongst some of us retired folk who have too much time on our hands are amazing.

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Dec 19, 2004, 9:25 AM)

Howard Botz

Dec 18, 2004, 1:14 AM

Post #32 of 35 (1433 views)

Shortcut

Re: [esperanza] WalMart too?

| Private Reply
You are correct Esperanza. I have even been to that WalMart. I guess I still think of that as Guadalajara.
Howard

juan david

Dec 18, 2004, 7:00 AM

Post #33 of 35 (1412 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Where can I buy wasabi?

| Private Reply
Hey Pete, Andres also bottles a fine vintage called Baby Duck which helped me through university!
" let sleeping dogs lie"

ms mac

Dec 18, 2004, 7:23 AM

Post #34 of 35 (1406 views)

Shortcut

Re: [juan david] Where can I buy wasabi?

| Private Reply
It's called Cold Duck here in the midwest.
ms mac

jennifer rose

Dec 18, 2004, 7:41 AM

Post #35 of 35 (1400 views)

Shortcut

Thread Locked!

|
As the Tony Pro Tem, I'm locking this thread, because it's wandering. Please feel free to start up a new thread about Soriana, other vendors of comestibles, and favorite libations.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4