Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

Nov 19, 2004, 7:14 AM

Post #1 of 2 (757 views)

Zacatecas Hotel El Angel

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone know the Hotel El Angel in Zacatecas? The address is Carretera Transito Pesado Km. 2 "El Orito". It seems to be on the north side of the city. Is "Carretera Transito Pesado" the ring road/truck route around the city? Is anyone familiar with this hotel and could give us directions on how to find it? Is it a motel-type hotel, ie, drive up to the room door? We are travelling with a dog and it is is always better with "exterior" corridors.

Nov 22, 2004, 7:20 PM

Post #2 of 2 (705 views)

Re: [pathall] Zacatecas Hotel El Angel

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello Pat,

I know nothing about the Hotel Angel in El Orito. I probably have driven by it countless times without even noticing it.

However you are right, El Orito is on the North edge of the city on the truck and bus by- pass route. It will be noisy. If you are visiting Zacatecas city and want to see the city, you are way out of town where it will probably be difficult to get a taxi, and Zacatecas is not a town for strangers to drive in. Not because the drivers are bandits or murderous as they are in Mexico City, but because there is almost NO parking anywhere and the streets are narrow and steep (San Francisco Style on the steepness).

I would guess the El Angel is a trucker type hole in the wall with parking available , a motel type, that will give you no problem with a dog. Probably not a very comfortable place to overnight but at least shelter.

Zacatecas is very cold this time of year. They have already had freezing days and nights. Be prepared. There is no heat in most hotels.

I suppose if you are just passing through for one night the El Angel would at least be livable. Be sure and ask if there is hot water. Even if the answer is yes, be prepared for a cold shower and no hot water for shaving.

Since you have a dog, I really can't recommend a hotel in Zacatecas since I have no experience there. If you are bypassing the city there are many hotels and motels on the south end off the by pass and back on the main highway in or just south of Guadalupe that might provide more reasonable and comfortable lodging.

Good luck. Jerezano.

Adios, Jerezano.
Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4