Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Todd

Nov 30, 1919, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2329 views)

Shortcut

Internet Access Options? Young family?

Can't Post |
I own an Internet based business that allows me to continue to make money and make a living wherever I am as long as I have Internet Access. I really need some type of high speed access though to make life easier. What types of Internet access are available in the area? Am I dreaming to think I can get anything other than dialup? Is there sattelite Internet Access available? What about small dish TV? I assume there is dialup Internet available but what is the monthly cost? What will it cost em to have a phone line in my residence? Doe sone normally come with a rental (the phone line). Do you have to pay by the minute for phone service? Is the Internet Access unlimited or limited to a certain number of hours per month?<p> I am currently trying to get my Internet business a littel higher off the ground. I have to wrok a full time job right now to make ends meet here in Dallas. I am considering moving to the area somewhere near the lake or Gauj partially as an adventure and partially to be able to dedicate my time to my business and not to have to work full time outside of my business. I have a wife and 3 year old daughter. Would any of you reccomend a young family venture to this area? Any problems you see with brining a child to live there?

Henry

Post #2 of 4 (2323 views)

Shortcut

Fast........

Can't Post |
If you want something fast, lagunanet offers a wireless solution. I know that you have to buy the moden but not the actual price of the modem or monthly service fee.
Contact Rod Collins at lagunanet, he's a hell of a guy.
www.lagunanet.com.mx

Henry

Post #3 of 4 (2314 views)

Shortcut

Fast........

Can't Post |
I wanted to say, I don't know the actual cost of the modem or service.
They are the only local ISP around that offers that speed.

Steve

Post #4 of 4 (2320 views)

Shortcut

Fast........

Can't Post |
Wireless service via laguna cost about $700 for
the antenna and setup. Monthly charges run
from $40 per month up to $80 or so for even
faster service if you need it. Telmex is also
coming in with a new fast modem service in the
same price range with startup costs slightly
lower. All one hears about satelite service is
rumors.
Better choices in Guadalajara. They have cable
modem too. However, you would probably find
living better at the Lake as would your daughter.<p>From Dallas, you are close enough to come down
for a short time to size up the situation.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4