Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > North Pacific Region

ncferret

Nov 10, 2004, 9:46 AM

Post #1 of 4 (3017 views)

Shortcut

FM3 question

Can't Post | Private Reply
I hear conflicting information about obtaining a renewal on an FM3 with regards to proof of income. I understand what the requirements are for the income levels, but I have also heard that you need to show the money actually being spent in Mexico. Does anyone who has renewed an FM3 in Mazatlan know the "rules"?

I'm asking in this forum as I know the rules are applied differently in different states.

Thanks!
Dave S.

Esteban

Nov 10, 2004, 10:37 AM

Post #2 of 4 (3013 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ncferret] FM3 question

I know people who show a substantial balance from their Scottrade account and have never had a problem. There are no debits included in the statement. In other words, I have never heard of any rule that says you have to prove you are withdrawing money. Next time I see you remind me to give you a more detailed answer.

Esteban

ncferret

Nov 11, 2004, 5:45 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2988 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Esteban] FM3 question

Thanks. I've heard and read both stories. That some places (like here) care only about your balance. That's how it was in Denver when we got the FM3's. Other places it seem require proof that you actually spend the money in Mexico.

I've got a couple of other leads for you. Call me when you get a chance.

Marlene / Moderator

Nov 11, 2004, 3:35 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2962 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ncferret] FM3 question

I am willing to bet that Mazatlán is one of the more relaxed places for renewal based on my experiences and those of folks we assist with renewals.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4